My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be buying a new welder but I don't know much about this one and can't find much info on it. Let me know if you know anything about it or find something.

"It is a Dayton 250 amp Mig, Tig and Stick welder it is made by Grainger model 3z564 "

Also do you know about how much I should buy it for? I don't want to low ball her but I also want a good deal.

Thanks is advance

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
When I went to Grainger this is what came up for that number. Doesn't say anything about it being a Mig??? Does say that it is Discontinued!

DAYTON Welder, AC/DC

AC/DC Welder, Input Current 76 Amps, Open Circuit Voltage 78 Volts, Welding AC Current Range 30-250 Amps, Welding DC Current Range 30-250 Amps, Rated Output Current @ 20% Duty Cycle Current 250 Amps, Rated Output Current @ 100% Duty Cycle Voltage 30 Amps, AC/DC Dayton, Uses Electrodes Up to 1/4 Inches All Position
Grainger Item #3Z564 Price (ea.) N/A
BrandDAYTON Mfr. Model #3Z564 Ship Qty. 1 Sell Qty. (Will-Call) 1 Ship Weight (lbs.)142.0 Usually Ships** Discontinued Catalog Page No. N/A Country of Origin
(Country of Origin is subject to change.)USA

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Yup same thing here. That is just a stick/arc welder.
I know tig welders can also have arc capability.

·
Banned
297 Posts
Any dc stick welder is a tig welder.

To get mig and stick out of same machine,you need one that is constant current[stick,tig],and also constant voltage[mig,flux core],,

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats all the info I got on it too.
Thats what confused me. I have a mig and I have a stick 2 different machines. I also heard of tig and stick welders together but not all three in one. (at least not with out spending several thousand $$'s)

·
Banned
297 Posts
Yeah,your average buzz box won't,,that one in the picture won't mig,,but you can tig with it I'm betting.Lead for stinger needs to be hooked to straight polarity,hook that to a tig torch,,than your argon. Bam![or pop]

·
Dan
3,954 Posts
Any dc stick welder is a tig welder.

To get mig and stick out of same machine,you need one that is constant current[stick,tig],and also constant voltage[mig,flux core],,
You say dc welder can do tig welder?

My miller big20 doesn't say about tig welder. it say DC welder with 200 amp 100% duty cycle.

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Yeah 2 late that would be a fair price if it works good.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I offered her $50.00 ( I feel like I'm low balling her) I asked her if she got a chance to see about how much it was worth and this is what she said.

"Actually I didn't but make an offer... I am truly not sure of the value but it needs to go.. "

·
Banned
297 Posts
Yep,I said any dc stick welder can do tig,,yours included,,,you need a tig torch rig,with copper connection block,argon hose, regulator and flow meter[probably something I'm forgetting],you need to make your stinger dcen,,than hook up every thing,,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts