My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any illustrations for how the bradley implements attach to the tractor? Have a midland I want to use bradley plow and disc on but am not sure the best way to attach. The plow has what looks to be a 3/8 dia. pin with a cotter pin hole through it, is that all that holds the plow to the tractor, it seems light. :trink39:

·
Electrician
937 Posts
Notice on the plow there is a bracket with rollers on it. This mounts to a saddle bar in the rear of the David Bradley. The pin up front mounts to a hitch point under the tractor toward the front so when the plow starts to dig into the soil it actually pulls down on the tractor giving it more traction. The rollers on the plow bracket are to allow the tractor to be steered while the plow is firmly into the ground. These rollers simply slide over the saddle bar and roll left and right as needed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ariensman, I wondered what the heck those rollers were for. I went to the Bradley website, and that guy explains how to set up the plow. I guess I'll have to fabricate something for my midland as far as that bar goes since I don't have one. Just purchased a sicklebar mower, now all I need is the disc. This is gonna be a fun and challenging adventure!:trink39:

·
Electrician
937 Posts
That midland looks like a really great rig, you should have lots of fun with that project. Looking at your picture I don't think it will be hard to mount that bradley plow to it. When you have the tractor all rebuilt and ready just park it on a level floor and slide the plow underneath until the front pin is somewhere about 5 in. ahead of the axle and fab up a bracket to mount it to. Then fabricate a horizontal round bar about 5/8 in. diameter and place it in the rollers. Then build brackets going up and mounting on the handle bar frame. There are David Bradley saddles on Ebay you could get also to make it easier. Good Luck with all that and enjoy.

I did the opposite when I fabricated a Simplicity cultivator to my David Bradley and it works great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, a friend of mine was going to toss it and thought I'd like to have it. I think I gave him $25. I just bought a bradley sicklemower, but am wondering if it can be adapted. the pulley is on the other side. I haven't picked it up yet, so I don't know if I can alter it to work. I guess that's the attraction, although my bride is starting to think I've gone over the edge!

Greg:fing32:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Garry, finally had a chance to look for that manual, is the m30a basically the same as the m70? I can't find the file you referred to.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts