My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up some Gators for the 54C deck. I bought tractor used and shortly after using it noticed the two front side gauge wheels on the deck had lots of play the two front wheels where missing the caps too so I picked up four new ones and they had the yellow ones too. Once I took the old gauge wheels off I found the axles were toast. JD wants 35 a piece for replacements, you have to buy the whole axle arm. Might be a bit before I get it ordered but plan to put the gators on here soon.

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
That ought to make the 54C work like new. slkpk

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Maverick74 , could you Post the Part# for the Gator Blades and if you don't mind me asking , how many $$$ did they set you back ???

I'm thinking about trying Gator Blades , when I need to get replacements ...

Later,x595

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Maverick74 , could you Post the Part# for the Gator Blades and if you don't mind me asking , how many $$$ did they set you back ???

I'm thinking about trying Gator Blades , when I need to get replacements ...

Later,x595
I have not installed them yet, hopefully in the next couple days, so I cannot say there are no fitment issues or how well they work yet but they are the newest version available for my deck. They are the new Fusion version that are hardened. Here is where I got them (link Below) at about $14 a piece. My total was about $55 with S&H. A local Lawn and garden shop wanted $24 a piece and would have to order them anyway!!!
Part # 396-719

-->http://www.mowpart.com/Blades-John-...r>(Click-for-Compatibility)/product_info.html

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I am buying a set of gator's tomorrow for my 54c deck for $18ea from the local dealer. I also need a new spindle for $55.

What happened is, I was using my tractor as a stump grinder and bent a blade, snapped off the M12 bolt and cracked the housing on the spindle.:banghead3

I wasn't actually trying to do that, but I got too close and BAM! It's an expensive lesson learned, but next time my echo trimmer will have to do the job. I wanted to buy just 1 blade, but you have to buy them in packs of 3.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am buying a set of gator's tomorrow for my 54c deck for $18ea from the local dealer. I also need a new spindle for $55.

What happened is, I was using my tractor as a stump grinder and bent a blade, snapped off the M12 bolt and cracked the housing on the spindle.:banghead3

I wasn't actually trying to do that, but I got too close and BAM! It's an expensive lesson learned, but next time my echo trimmer will have to do the job. I wanted to buy just 1 blade, but you have to buy them in packs of 3.
Ouch .. I accidentally buzzed the top of a huge tree root about a month ago but luckily no major damage

·
Registered
134 Posts
Maverick, let us know how they fit. I installed the same blades from the same dealer on my 54" deck and I think that they are a lot looser fit than the John Deere blades. Also check the clearance on the opposite side of the discharge chute I think it's pretty close. Can't say that I am happy with these blades, next time I will try the John Deere mulchers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts