My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Learning as I go along
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My neighbor gave me this Craftsman blade (http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=144273) to grade our unpaved road. The blade is too small for my Craftsman rider, but I was thinking about using it on my 2414 PK.

Trouble is I don't know if mid mount, or front mount would be better, and what modifications would be required. I am not a fab guy, but I have a friend that owns a metal shop. Any help, suggestions, or pictures would be appreciated.

·
Electrician
937 Posts
Some fab work will definitely be required front or mid mount. Front mount doesn't grade very well because you can't get enough down pressure. I would fabricate something to mount that to your rear lift and it may grade pretty good that way. Take a look at some rear graders that go on CUT tractors and you'll get the idea.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have a four foot back blade that does a surprissing good job on my buddys drive way my blade swings around so i drive forward, with the down presure the pks have it works good. it is crushed lime stone on drive way i can get 3-4 inches deep pertty easy. i have used the five foot front blade i have it is for snow/ bulldozer, no spings. 2 times i had down presure 3rd time not , i may be missing something from lift rod, dont know, if you get it to bite it will move dirt, gravel or what have you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought a keen cutter 60 in back blade for under $300 new, bought type (0) pins and it works great on snow and gravel. May save you hours of Mods

1 - 4 of 4 Posts