My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 1992 Toro Wheel Horse Classic Series model 310-8 that I bought a while back. It runs sweet and is very low hours, less than 50 I believe. The sheet metal is totally shot from sitting outside uncovered all its life, but I think I am going to put a hood and grill from a Farmall C on it and some Super MTA badges on it. I have a BRAND NEW NEVER USED 36" tiller attachment that I got with it but it was missing the mid mount idler pulley assembly that clips into the frame where the front Attach-A-Matic hookup is. All it consists of is a bar that clips into the Attach-A-Matic, an L shaped piece of steel, two idler pulleys, and a tension spring. But Toro thinks it is gold plated or something because they want over $300.00 for a new one and I have a hard time swallowing that as I paid less than that for the tractor running! If ANYONE out there has a used one in ANY condition please let me know, I can fix almost anything if I have something to start with. I live in Loganville, GA, 30052 and my telephone number is 770-853-8389.

Thanks a bunch in advance,
Joe

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have a 1992 Toro Wheel Horse Classic Series model 310-8 that I bought a while back. It runs sweet and is very low hours, less than 50 I believe. The sheet metal is totally shot from sitting outside uncovered all its life, but I think I am going to put a hood and grill from a Farmall C on it and some Super MTA badges on it. I have a BRAND NEW NEVER USED 36" tiller attachment that I got with it but it was missing the mid mount idler pulley assembly that clips into the frame where the front Attach-A-Matic hookup is. All it consists of is a bar that clips into the Attach-A-Matic, an L shaped piece of steel, two idler pulleys, and a tension spring. But Toro thinks it is gold plated or something because they want over $300.00 for a new one and I have a hard time swallowing that as I paid less than that for the tractor running! If ANYONE out there has a used one in ANY condition please let me know, I can fix almost anything if I have something to start with. I live in Loganville, GA, 30052 and my telephone number is 770-853-8389.

Thanks a bunch in advance,
Joe
If you have a local fabrication or welding shop, you may be able to have it built on the cheap for a lot less. I just got a tiller and all it is (like you said is a V-pulley, a flat pully a piece of steel with a hole drilled in it for a spring. You get the pulleys and they should be able to make it in less than half an hour.

I found one on E-bay a few minutes ago and even though you could tell it was used a fair bit, it was still $230.00 plus $10.00 shipping. New would be better at that price but buying the pulleys and having one fabbed and painting it would be your best bet.:thThumbsU

(Usually the ones who have the attachments dont let them go unless the tiller takes a full dump on them and is no good, or it gets lost or stolen.) Ill check a few more places I know of for you.

·
C-Series Bubba...
317 Posts
Red Square is a place to look. Think someone one there made them and also parts needed to make it...Expand your search area...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys,

I am not quite advanced enough YET to fab my own, but I do have a buddy that has MAD skills in this area and could make one IF we had some dimensions to work off of.

Joe

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
Okay, this is minun... mimival... minunal... not much welding to it.

Whose got one of these, folks???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts