My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,622 Posts
Get a black snake. They can get in the same crannies as a mouse can, so mice have no safe haven. I doubt you'll have a problem with black snakes camping out in the tractor.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Get a black snake. They can get in the same crannies as a mouse can, so mice have no safe haven. I doubt you'll have a problem with black snakes camping out in the tractor.
Heres my buddy that hung out at my house for 7yrs

Attachments

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,622 Posts
Heres my buddy that hung out at my house for 7yrs
Dang, I'll bet he's every bit of 8 feet long. I'd also bet you don't have a mouse within 250 yards of wherever he hangs out.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Never had a mouse build a nest in any of my machines, I do have mice from time to time in my barn / garage. I also have a weasel that visits, does a tour and then leaves.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Dang, I'll bet he's every bit of 8 feet long. I'd also bet you don't have a mouse within 250 yards of wherever he hangs out.
I'm sure he took care of plenty. He was a pretty mellow dude too. I'd pick him up with a stick and haul him away from the house when he was too close so he didn't scare the wife or so the dogs wouldn't mess with him.

Steve, Does yours climb all the way up in the tree and stay there? Because some days I see my black snake and other days I don't see him. I can't figure out where he goes.
He climbed the trees to eat the baby birds in the nests. He had a hole/burrow under a big dead tree ~50yds from my house.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I store my Cub Cadet in my shed in the backyard, and there's always been a few mice in there, but they've mostly left the tractor alone. But the past couple months there have been mouse nests inside the tractor engine and I have to thoroughly check it over for mouse nests every time I use it. I'm getting fed up with them, and I want them dead. I've tried a couple repellents with no success. Short of getting an angry cat, what is the best way to get rid of them? Traps would work but I would need about 100 of them. Any other suggestions?
I always used Decon, available as is pretty much everything on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=decon&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

·
Registered
727 Posts
Available on Amazon, works for chipmunks, mice, rats, crickets, anything small enough to fit in it!
I use mine for chipmunks and mice. Works great, uses 4 AA batteries.
Does it kill them and does it work well?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I store my Cub Cadet in my shed in the backyard, and there's always been a few mice in there, but they've mostly left the tractor alone. But the past couple months there have been mouse nests inside the tractor engine and I have to thoroughly check it over for mouse nests every time I use it. I'm getting fed up with them, and I want them dead. I've tried a couple repellents with no success. Short of getting an angry cat, what is the best way to get rid of them? Traps would work but I would need about 100 of them. Any other suggestions?
Had the same problem with rats-mice chewing through my electrical and vacuum lines in cars and tractors. Oil of Peppermint works when placed inside electrical outlets on cotton balls. Works like a dream~~~~~~If you want it stopped in the barn or in a small building throw out a handful of mothballs(napthlene) and they will be gone. The rattlers have stopped coming around after the rats have moved on. A lot of people think moth balls deter snakes(not true) but when the run off the food supply (mice-rats) they move on to greener pastures. You can get Peppermint oil in a small bottle from Walmart or HEB stores:tango_face_devil: NOTE: the peppermint oil works in your home and smells great!! The mothballs are thrown around in crevices and holes in your garage and sheds

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I'm surprised no one mentioned using mothballs. Put some in cheese cloth "bags "and leave them in and around the engine area and the shed. Always worked for me.

Put

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have placed moth balls on the airscreen and around the frame areas and it stopped the mice. Only problem is, you have to check on them as they slowly evaporate off.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Fresh Cab; I place one under the hood, one on the dash and one on the seat. works great for me I just pull them when I run and put them back when I'm done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have bait boxes in my garage, cabin and around the house. Also put one in the boat when I store it for the winter. Seems to work pretty well keeping them in check. I tried those sonic ones some years ago....totally worthless! I bought a Havahart 0745 to take care of a chipmunk problem I was having. It works great. It catches them live however none of them have passed the subsequent swimming test.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also had a problem with mice and what has worked best for me is one electronic mouse and other creatures repellent. You would need an electrical outlet in the shed. The device is claimed to be safe for and can not be heard by humans as the frequency is too high. Depending on the size of your shed you might need more than one device. My shed is 10ft X 20ft. You can find them on the internet from a variety of vendors.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I have bait boxes in my garage, cabin and around the house. Also put one in the boat when I store it for the winter. Seems to work pretty well keeping them in check. I tried those sonic ones some years ago....totally worthless! I bought a Havahart 0745 to take care of a chipmunk problem I was having. It works great. It catches them live however none of them have passed the subsequent swimming test.
Yep, Bait boxes, 24/7 365 and you will not have a mouse problem. Period

21 - 40 of 138 Posts