My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow tractor folks.
Well I decided to go ahead and register to get involved. I have been hanging out for a while as a spectator and I have gotten a lot of good info so far. I am navigating through some of the learning curve with my introduction to these old machines. I recently inherited my Grandads old Ferguson TO-30 and I have had his old Pony in the shop for a few years now. Dad was helping me get it going when he passed away last september, then Grandad passed on this september. We had gotten to the point where we had fitted a woods belly mower from a cub to it and it were able to cut with it. Had plans for fabbing up the 3 point hitch but never got around to it. Now hat I have both, I'm thinking I could use the fergie for any cat0-cat1 stuff requiring the 3 point, and save the pony for mowing but it would also be nice to be able to find a PTO pump, hoses, valving and a front loader accessory that I could fit to the pony with not too much fabrication. It's hard for me to determine scale by looking at pictures. are there any general terms that I could use to narrow the search or some key measurements of the tractor that might help direct me to a loader setup that would be close to the right size for the Pony?
Thanks,
-Josh

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks poncho, I have studied those pics pretty carefully looks like a solid setup. I'm guessing it's not original but in my case it wouldn't have to be. I really wouldn't have any objections with something more modern like for a Kubota or something. They show the ID tag for the loader accessory in those pictures and I can make out "something" son manufacturing company.

It may just come down to seeing what my local tractor boneyard might have lying around.
-Josh
*edited to add pic

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am starting to put the puzzle pieces together on this. It seems like the Pony is kind of in between the Sub-compact and compact size tractors of the modern era in terms of implements. seems like the loaders I am looking at are for 10-30hp machines and seem to be right in the 500-800 lb capacity category. with 3 1/2' to 4' wide buckets and operate on a 200-2500 PSI range... Allied makes a range of tractors for Rural King. I think I may mosey down there with my tape and do a little measuring. They list those loaders as a $1,600 ish upcharge, thinking i might be able to get a PTO pump and make this happen... I've also put feelers out with the farm machinery salvage guys about what i'm going to try doing with it in hopes that some parts will come along second hand. We'll see...
Pasting my notes from notepad in case anyone has any input:

Bulldog 282/285

Koyker model 50-140 (50 and 80 are smallest)

Woods LS72/LS84

Farm king model 95 or 2095

Allied/RK L72 (comes as option on the RK19 tractor)
or maybe L75(from the RK24 machines)

-Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts