My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!! Just wondering if there was anyone here with a deck for a MF16 that they are willing to part with.... Just looking for one for my buddy. Hes had the tractor for a while now and never had a deck on it. He loves the tractor and would love to cut the grass with it "instead" of......... Well you get the picture.

I know they are hard to come by... But if anyone has one to sell or knows where you might find one in Ontario, I would love to hear back!!

Thanks, JOE.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The deck shell from an Allis Chalmers 416 is the identical shell to the Massey 14/16 deck shell. If you can find one of those, you just swap out the lift hardware. I am SURE of this, because I put a Massey 14 deck shell under my Allis 416H.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
That's one little piece of info I thank you for Daniel. Didn't know Allis & MF had anything in common. I'd like to find a 920 Allis to fix up and add to my working tractors. I'd think a person could mount several different brands of mmm by making the correct mounting linkage. I thought about it pretty hard before buying all new pulleys and belts on my 48"mmm. I'm just guessing here but would snowblowers be more common for that tractor than a belly mower in your part of the country? And I can sure understand wanting to be able to use the tractor for what ever its needed for. I'd keep an eye on e-bay and etc. if you're wanting to keep an original type mmm on the tractor. If not and you can do some fabrication and welding a good 48" deck should be fairly easy to find.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The Allis 416's deck has a totally different deck lift/level system, but you just use the MF parts on it. You have to drill maybe 4 holes for the MF parts, but even the AC deck has the raised areas in the deck where the Massey parts bolt to...just not drilled for the bolts. Once changed over, it's identical the OE Massey deck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts