My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a mf12 with a tiller. it has a 20hp Wisconson Robin motor, digital hour meter and tach. The hood was in good shape till the tractor fell out of my truck when i was unloading it:( tried to put some pictures on but haven't figured it out yet.

·
My True Colors-Red+Silver
728 Posts
How much did you pay for it? Pictures would be nice, hope to see some soon.:wwp:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would like to see it too. I am curious to how well the 20hp wisconson fits. I wouldn't mind getting another mf12 and putting a 24hp vtwin in it.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Weird repower with the WR engine, I haven't even seen an engine like that in years, must be a regional thing. I've never heard of a tach or hour meter on any MF series, must be after market. I too would like to see pix. I just don't think the newer vtwin 16+hp engines out preform or are near as durable, maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to hear what others think. I saw a 14 hp cast iron Kohler hopped up and, man, was it fast

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think you may be right, because now a days with all the emissions stuff it takes even more cubic inches and horsepower to make the same power that the older stuff did. I seen a different tractor on our craigslist the other day and it had a wisconson robin motor on it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would say that a engine of the same horsepower, the old engine would win.

But I would say a new v-twin beats out a old single.

I'm gonna try to put a kohler command 18hp v-twin in a MF-10 when I get one.

Jser

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would say the older motors would win too.
The WR is a tight fit the guy i bought it from had to take the gas tank out and has a temp one on the hood. I have the original tank but have to get it cut down.
The engine was part of a generater, i guess something in the unit broke and wasn't worth fixing. It s got 31hrs on it.

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
That is a beautifully stuffed engine bay there! Do you have a shot of the left side of the tractor / engine area?

Might need to design a new gas tank for it though! You may find one on e-bay that has the dimensions you need to stuff it inside that tractor.

BTW, That's a very nice looking tractor!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still have the original tank might get it cut down and make it work. i will take a picture of the other side and post it. if you can tell the double pulley on the motor is the same size, does anyone know what size the inside pulley should be? mine is 4.5".

Thanks

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
I have an MF12 that was repowered with an OH160 Tecumseh. The PO had to cut down the gas tank. Not sure if it was the engine's fault that the hydro gave up shortly thereafter, but the hydro did fail completely.

I have a spare hydro, and a spare HH120, so I am going back to "stock".

·
Banned
550 Posts
Why not try and put the battery under the seat and mount the tank side ways like the 14's. Man, Things are freakin HIGH up there in Canada. Yesterday I picked up a 1980 Bolens QT 17 twin with shaft drive hydro and a shaft drive 48" deck and 48" snow blade, with a spare engine for a little over 200 bucks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow oologahan you got a nice deal. While i think it may be a bit higher then what I'd pay Its good to see someone getting it that'll hopefully keep it from the scrap yard for many years to come. I also just was talking (email) with a guy about an MF 10 with factory electric lift and deck for 350.00.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Yeah I have a guy a few miles down the road that is "holding" MF10 for me. He bought it new in 1968 and only used it to till his garden. I'll pay 375.00 for the tractor and tiller next year with all the manuals and service records

1 - 18 of 18 Posts