My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1025R FILB Owner
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the average selling price for a decent MF12 with a deck? Reason being last year I sold one for 100 bucks. It was complete as far as I could tell, probably an early 70s model. I put new belts on it and a new battery before it was sold, along with a new head gasket, new belleville washers under the head bolts, and new throttle cable. It ran great after the new gasket but I had to get it out of the garage. I have a feeling someone got a great deal and I should have found this site before I sold it.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
$100 is a great deal for someone. Sounds like a $400 tractor to me with the condition you describe and it had a deck with it. Man, I want an MF12 one of these days.

·
1025R FILB Owner
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch, 400 bucks huh? That's actually pretty close to what a guy said that I work with (after I sold it, of course). He had previously owned a MF10 and MF12. Anyway, I should mention that the head and block were fine. The reason the head gasket had to be replaced was because someone had screwed with the throttle cable by loosening the cable hold down that is on the head. They never bothered to properly torque the bolts, which never should have been messed with in the first place. Actually, one of the cable holds was missing, or so I figured because you could see where one was due to the paint. So our machinist at work (who is a farmer) made a new one. He even matched up the screws for the clamp. Its really a shame because I would have much rather sold it to someone on this site that would have appreciated it. I even went as far as having Steiner send me a new rubber steering shaft grommit. Well, I won't make that mistake again. This place is such a great resource!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts