My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add lights to my mf12, can somone tell me or show me how they are supposed to be mounted, I see there are two places to knock out in the hood for them im just not sure if theres a bracket I need to find or make. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts
:MTF_wel2: , cubcadet100!!

There is a 16 guage metal "H" shaped bracket that mounts horizontally on 2 studs behind the headlight facia. The open ends of the "H" support the bulbs and hold them firmly against the facia. The bracket long edges are bent up about 1/8" for rigitity and you need to slit a couple of feet of 1/4" rubber vacuum hose to use as cushioning material around the holes in the facia and the open ends of the "H" to keep the metal and the glass bulbs from making contact. It helps to add strength if you upset the inner edges of the bracket slightly to follow shape of the lights a little closer than flat metal would. All bends face towards the engine bay.

I'm guessing about 3"x 11" for the finished size. It's too darn snowy and cold to go digging around to measure one up at this hour.

These brackets occassionally show up on eBay, but the price is often outta sight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That sounds like somthing i could make myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.