My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:tango_face_crying: For several reasons I chose to get the MF GC1705 with a loader. I paid cash for the MF but wanted to take advantage of the current promotion of $300 off a Woods tiller and 0% financing on it. After closing the deal on the GC1705, I then learned that the dealer I just made the purchase from doesn't carry the Woods produce line. I contacted MF customer service and they said they would work to resolve the issue. After many emails and some phone calls and over a week of back and forth I finally got the bad news. Sorry, you have to get it thru the dealer you purchased it from. You would think that corporate could help a new customer obtain only that which they offered. Had I known then what I know now, my SCUT would be Orange and not Red.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sorry to hear that. You will love the Massey once you get past this.

Does the discount come from Massey or from Woods? thought about calling woods?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am super surprised by this. AGCO is typically amazing when it comes to stuff like this. I wanted to order a 1739E but they couldn't fulfill the order for that or a 1740m so they gave me a 2706E with the extra options I wanted for the same price, I would say, the blame really falls on the dealer not Massey. They cannot force all dealers to also be a woods partner. In many regards, it was a blessing in disguise. The 57HP tractor is one **** of an upgrade and actually suits my needs better.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm confused....you bought the tractor, paid cash, and then post purchase, decided you wanted to get a woods tiller and take advantage of the rebate program and finance it? I'm not sure I would expect them to bend over backward for you, and I also suspect the problem is as much your dealer as it is MF.

·
2,795 Posts
TreeToad.....who did offer that discount and 0% financing?...was it Woods?...or was it MF?.....it is an awesome tractor..and if it was MF making the offer...I would raise **** to get them to honor it...unless there was a significant time lapse and the time of the offer...if the offer was made by Woods...was it contingent upon buying a Massey?....if it did not involve buying the tractor....just find a Woods dealer....although it was a long time ago now...good luck with the tractor, I hope the bad experience fades in your memory as you use the tractor

·
A Proud MF'er
78 Posts
I'm surprised there isn't someone in business who will jump up and take your money. I realize the problem is you likely need dealer support on the financing, but if the deal is offered by Woods, you should check if you can get their blessing to get the financing through another dealer? I see that someone is saying that is not possible (AGCO?)

Rare is the business that says no to a customer that wants to spend on their product. I'd be looking to lean on that principle in every discussion I had about this until someone wises up.

Good luck. Like the others (all MF owners..) I think you'll like your machine overall. Seems like some very poor communication during the original purchase, which is unfortunate.

·
Blank Space
2,991 Posts
Receive an instant rebate on Woods Massey Ferguson Program Red Implements when you purchase a qualifying Massey Ferguson Tractor and qualifying Woods® Implement.

Woods Massey Ferguson Program Red Implement Models (note: part numbers must contain a "MF" prefix or suffix in the part number and be in new condition):

This offer is eligible through Woods dealers authorized to sell Woods Massey Ferguson Program Red Implements. Limit of one instant rebate per tractor. This offer will be instantly redeemed upon purchase through your local authorized Woods dealer.

* Offer valid on select models and subject to credit review and approval through AGCO Finance LLC. Dealer participation may vary. Contact your participating dealer for more details. Offer subject to change without notice. Full list of qualifying products can be found here.

Woods Massey Ferguson Program Red Implements

Though this one doesn't clearly state so, typically these package deal promos need to be on the same invoice.

·
A Proud MF'er
78 Posts
That offer has a lot of conditions, none of which the OP seems to have met.

Still, I've been successful contacting a vendor, getting to the right person and telling them my tale of wanting their gear but not getting the deal specifics right. In this case, without the tractor in the finance deal, it likely would not have qualified. Many times, the right person will find a way to make a willing customer happy, perhaps with just a discount. Again, when financing conditions apply to a deal, that could really tie people's hands for being flexible.

·
2,795 Posts
Receive an instant rebate on Woods Massey Ferguson Program Red Implements when you purchase a qualifying Massey Ferguson Tractor and qualifying Woods® Implement.

Woods Massey Ferguson Program Red Implement Models (note: part numbers must contain a "MF" prefix or suffix in the part number and be in new condition):

[red]This offer is eligible through Woods dealers authorized to sell Woods Massey Ferguson Program Red Implements.[/red] Limit of one instant rebate per tractor. This offer will be instantly redeemed upon purchase through your local authorized Woods dealer.

* Offer valid on select models and subject to credit review and approval through AGCO Finance LLC. Dealer participation may vary. Contact your participating dealer for more details. Offer subject to change without notice. Full list of qualifying products can be found here.

Woods Massey Ferguson Program Red Implements

Though this one doesn't clearly state so, typically these package deal promos need to be on the same invoice.
So if you read the offer....TreeToad went to the wrong store...kind of like Going to Burger King with a coupon for McDonalds...it clearly states that it has to be a Woods dealer authorized to sell MF....not an MF dealer who does not carry Woods products

·
It's a Ford thing......
86 Posts
Like others here, I have no dog in this hunt but my impression is that the OP made a mistake and not Agco or the dealer. If he were in the market for a specific tiller I would have thought that part of the deal would have been mentioned somewhere along the line. I also would have thought the OP would have been perceptive enough to notice there were no Woods products sitting around for sale as you would suspect at a dealer of that product. I also agree that to come on here and bash the company and dealer as being at fault is wrong. I don't have a Massey but there is a pretty good chance my new tractor will be one.

·
A Proud MF'er
78 Posts
Agreed on the preference for the MF. I put in almost 2 years of research on all the SCUT brands, and increasingly MF would win my assessment on the machine quality/features itself. Dealer quality, documentation, etc perhaps not as strong, but the machine itself is great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts