My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MF 135 with power steering (1974) the steering gear seems to be leaking and coming out the cotter pin hole in the bell housing. Does anyone know the path this would be taking and what needs to be replaced in the gear?

Attachments

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
I'm not really all that certain (and/or familiar) with the MF 135, but... the cotter pin hole in the bell housing of an 8N Ford (and it's cousins, the Ferguson TO20/TO30/TO35 {the predecessor to the 135}) is a drain for the clutch area. Oil leaking out of there indicates either the front seal of the transmission, or the rear main of the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really all that certain (and/or familiar) with the MF 135, but... the cotter pin hole in the bell housing of an 8N Ford (and it's cousins, the Ferguson TO20/TO30/TO35 {the predecessor to the 135}) is a drain for the clutch area. Oil leaking out of there indicates either the front seal of the transmission, or the rear main of the engine.
Hi Steve, I have checked engine and transmission fluid and they are fine. There is two cotter pins holes and this is the rear one. If the tractor is just running there is on the odd drip but when I move the steering wheel then it states to flow. It almost seems like there is some type of chanel that goes from bottom off steering gear to the cotter pin hole

Thanks
Brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts