My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the service manual and have the parts ready. It doesn't look too hard, but is there anything to watch out for?

Thanks,

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I checked the service manual and have the parts ready. It doesn't look too hard, but is there anything to watch out for?

Thanks,
You got me there Bud I haven't had to deal with a sterndrive since I got my brothers Boston Whaler.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the foot off with no issues, and just got back from the marina with the correct kit (Overtons sent me the wrong one). Over $200 for the kit and a thermostat at the marina. I thought about asking the young lady for a kiss, because I like to be kissed you know when, but considering I had my son with me, I thought better of it.

Oh well, back at it.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I replaced the impellor, cranked her up, and no water!

Dadblamed mud daubers must have had 3 lbs of mud packed up in the foot.

Jason, if you have a Mercruiser outdrive, you have a circulation pump on the engine and an impellor in the foot of the outdrive. The impellor needs to be changed about every two years.

Pretty easy one man job, but making it a one man and an 8 year old job was more fun.

·
Super Moderator
35,724 Posts
Well can't wait to see it hooked up to the back of the 318 and pushing you across the lake!!!:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Jason, if you have a Mercruiser outdrive, you have a circulation pump on the engine and an impellor in the foot of the outdrive. The impellor needs to be changed about every two years.
ohh ok i was thinkin of the actual water pump on the engine not the impellor, i should prob replace mine as far as i know its original ....... how long did it take and how much $$$$, i should really look into getting it out of the water and doing it and a hand full of other things

1 - 12 of 12 Posts