My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking about all the threads we had at the old site. Part of me feels like those were things we already talked about. Another part of me thinks that maybe we don't really remember everything we did there. Maybe we just remember enjoying each other's company! That was one of the great things about our old bolens forum, we all got along! Never any problems! Made being a mod there quite a bit of fun! Just regular guys with a common interest doing whatever we could for each other, a true "brotherhood"

Then I scrolled through the members list here and realized that while most of the names are familiar, many are new.

So the next thing that comes to mind is why not re-visit some of those times?
What are some of your memories from the old bolens forum? Why not share them here with some new members?

How about aegt's 3 point hitch plans? His 1250 resto? The HT23 in winter dress?

Aguysmiley, how's the hybrid 650 doing? Any luck on fixing the 853 I think that blew the engine plowing? Sorry if I opened an old wound.

Peachfuzz, we're still waiting for the complete story on your 1050!

Anyone else doing any overhauls over the winter?

I've been collecting the parts I need to get the 68 1050 back to life. One of the things I picked was an NOS fender pan. It's all scratched up from being moved around all these years but it still has the original paint! I plan on having some paint mixed to match. Then I can paint the 68, and 69. Never seems to be enough time though. Not sure how aegt gets it all done!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have aegt5000 3pt hitch plans completed. And it works like great. Unfortunately, I now need some toys to mount.

How about this idea for a thread. All the "how to" plans colleagues have done when you cannot find the parts. Out of desparation, you take measurements and find a way to get it built. I would bet there are a lot of measurements out there that are on napkins and need a good home.

Aside from my Sammy Bucket plans, I can also contribute machine dimensions for a 54" deck spindle shaft. Machined part new, about $55. Material cost 50 cents.

·
Gearhead
878 Posts
sixchows said:
Aguysmiley, how's the hybrid 650 doing? Any luck on fixing the 853 I think that blew the engine plowing? Sorry if I opened an old wound.
Funny you should ask about the 853. A couple weeks ago I remembered that I had rebuilt an eight horse briggs about 15 years ago and never used it. Unless my dad used it, that motor should be somewhere at his place.

The 650 has an easy life at the moment. No snow to plow, and I don't plan on mowing with it. I did use it to jump start my truck last weekend though. I had the radio on in it while I was setting up a trampoline for the kids. Guess I left it on too long.

Right now I'm getting parts rounded up for my 1225. That's going to be mowing my yard this year.

·
Gearhead
878 Posts
I have noticed there seems to be a lack of pictures in this forum. I think you guys should show off some of those nice tractors you have.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1967 1050 w/mackissic shredder

1966 1050 w/haban flail-mo

1967 1050 w/haban sickle-mo

From left to right..66 1050, 67 1050, and 69 1050

1 - 6 of 6 Posts