My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though it has it's faults, I love the Internet, besides all it's other benefits, it gives us the opportunity to meet people who have the same interests all over the world! Before the Internet, who could imagine doing such a thing. It almost gives you the impression that you could drive over to their place, set down with a cup of tea ,
or whatever
, and have a chat. I love it!

How about you?

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
I feel the same way about it. I did drive over sit down and have a tea (beer) with some.. I made a 8046 km trip a couple months ago. The only people i visited was folks from this forum. i left Alberta went thought sask, north and south Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, ohio, michigan, back to Illinois, Iowa, south then north Dakota then up to sask and back to Alberta. THere are some really good folks on this forum.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel the same way about it. I did drive over sit down and have a tea (beer) with some.. I made a 8046 km trip a couple months ago. The only people i visited was folks from this forum. i left Alberta went thought sask, north and south Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, ohio, michigan, back to Illinois, Iowa, south then north Dakota then up to sask and back to Alberta. THere are some really good folks on this forum.
Wow! What a trip. Good for you! I would love to do something like that. Even though I'm retired and I use that term loosely, as I seem to be putting in more hours now than when I was working. Go figure. Just have to take the time and do it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow! What a trip. Good for you! I would love to do something like that. Even though I'm retired and I use that term loosely, as I seem to be putting in more hours now than when I was working. Go figure. Just have to take the time and do it.
I hear ya on that. Now that I"m retired, I have a honeydoo list a mile long.:trink39:

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,553 Posts
I have had the pleasure of meeting quite a few of the Members on this Site..:fing32: Seems like we have known each other all of our lives..

This Site is just over 4 years old, and we are pushing 19,000 registered Members!! We have over 1,000 Members that log onto the Site daily!! From all over the globe!!

CLICK HERE to see where a fraction of them are located..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Giterdone... where in BC are ya? My wifes mom is in Coldstream just outside of Vernon.
Team Green. I'm way over on Vancouver Island. Just outside Nanaimo.

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
I made a 8046 km trip a couple months ago. The only people i visited was folks from this forum. i left Alberta went thought sask, north and south Dakota.... south then north Dakota then up to sask and back to Alberta. THere are some really good folks on this forum.
North Dakota and you didn't even stop to say hi!

What part of the state did you travel through TG?

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
MBKerk i went from Williston North Dakota down to the interstate across to the west end of Fargo then south into South Dakota. I was there when the flood was starting. I was praying you where doing well. Next time through there i will make sure to have time to say hi.

·
Registered
144 Posts
MBKerk I didn't see you mention Wisconsin, maybe next time. That sounds like an enjoyable trip , did you take a laptop along to keep up on who you were going to see?
I think this internet stuff is alrite and I only started gettin into these sites in November.

Randy In Wisconsin

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Randy, It was I that took the trip. I didn't get into wisconsin. I was close but never did get there.

Giterdone

Your out near the old growth stand of trees... I stayed on the island for 6 months for a boat load of training for work a few years back. Nice place. little to damp for this southern boy though.

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
MBKerk i went from Williston North Dakota down to the interstate across to the west end of Fargo then south into South Dakota. I was there when the flood was starting. I was praying you where doing well. Next time through there i will make sure to have time to say hi.
You were within 10 miles of home when you went through. When you went south on I-29 you traveled the same road I have driven 4 days a week for the last 10 years from Fargo to Sioux Falls!

Next time you get through the area, give me a heads up and I'll buy the coffee!

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
You were within 10 miles of home when you went through. When you went south on I-29 you traveled the same road I have driven 4 days a week for the last 10 years from Fargo to Sioux Falls!

Next time you get through the area, give me a heads up and I'll buy the coffee!

Sounds good... :thThumbsU

1 - 13 of 13 Posts