My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to purchase two new pullies for the BMP. I have the main "third" drive pully and need to match as close as possible.

The OD measures 5" and it has a 1" keyed shaft. I found two possible alternatives at Tractor Supply.

1. Phonox Steel 4-1/2" with a 1" Bore (1185162)

2. Weasler 6" (4300088) and the 1" hub (1170662) Has to be welded on.

I think the Weasler is closer, but not sure.... May need to take the good one to match up.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
To be 100% sure, bring the old one with you. You can compare ALL the dimensions, ie outside diameter, belt surface diameter, pulley thickness (for belt), bore diameter, slot size, thickness of the bore body (incase you need to stack pulleys), set screw size, etc. while you got it in your hands.
If it's mail order, check the return policy incase it doesn't match up perfectly.

Is that fitting that has the 3 bolts part of the pulley? That maybe a specialty.

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The good pully is the "drive" pully, which bolts to a second pully (Makes a stacked) Top pully comes from the PTO, Bottom pully connects to the other two mandrel pullies (that need replaced).

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I need to purchase two new pullies for the BMP. I have the main "third" drive pully and need to match as close as possible.

The OD measures 5" and it has a 1" keyed shaft. I found two possible alternatives at Tractor Supply.

1. Phonox Steel 4-1/2" with a 1" Bore (1185162)

2. Weasler 6" (4300088) and the 1" hub (1170662) Has to be welded on.

I think the Weasler is closer, but not sure.... May need to take the good one to match up.
What size belt are you using "A or B". I have one of the black weld on pulleys
in a larger diameter, if running an "A" belt the pulley size will be smaller than the out side diameter by a 1/2 to 3/4".

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you determine belt sizes? This is the orginal pully.
The width is 1/2" and the depth is "I guess" 1/2 "

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I would think more on replacing it with the correct groove,ake-1/2 or 5/8in.And will you have some adj.at an idler pulley? Sometimes 1in.difference in length of belt is almost non adjustable.Kbeitz is correct too,bout the depth in pulley.That's why it is sooooo much easier to try to find a "like" replacment pulley.At least that's been the case in my history.Good hunting!:trink40--After re reading-that is a 1/2" so forget the 5/8"thing.You need a 1/2" belt & pulley,and it will ride only as it has to;in depth that is.:

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Tudor, looks like I have a 1/2 Type "A" belt....... Still looking for pullies.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.