My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend gave me a McCulloch 3516 he has had for years and just used around the house, etc. so it's in really good shape except the oil tank was cracked. He couldn't fix it so he's going to buy another saw. I got a used one off eBay for $9 and would like to get it working and return it to him.

I've got the saw in two halves, but I'm not sure what is holding the tank in. Can't find a service manual on-line.

Any suggestions on a service manual or what all I have to remove to get the tank out will be appreciated.

·
Proud Member of the 1K Club
1,376 Posts
A friend gave me a McCulloch 3516 he has had for years and just used around the house, etc. so it's in really good shape except the oil tank was cracked. He couldn't fix it so he's going to buy another saw. I got a used one off eBay for $9 and would like to get it working and return it to him.

I've got the saw in two halves, but I'm not sure what is holding the tank in. Can't find a service manual on-line.

Any suggestions on a service manual or what all I have to remove to get the tank out will be appreciated.
It's alot to describe on what and how

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I got the old one out without too much problem, but ended up having to take the engine loose from both sides of the case to get the oil tank back in. It really wasn't too bad - removed the screws and the clutch, it slipped in and I put it back together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts