My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new here and like the forum.

I am looking for an idler sprocket for a McCormick deering model 100 manure spreader. 1950 vintage

I just purchased it an it is in very good condition with the exception of one idler sprocket that holds the beater drive chain in place. I guess the previose owner never greased it.

I thought someone may have one for parts.

Thank's,

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I see that no one has posted a reply to your querry. I don't have a spreader or any information specific to your machine, but I've worked on a lot of machinery. If you have a worn-out part to go from, check out Martin Gear and Sprocket (see link below). They have a HUGE selection of sprockets for all types of chain drives, and can make custom parts. They also carry parts for engineering chains, as used on spreader drag conveyors. At the very least, it can help you define the exact specs for your sprocket, to make searching for a part easier. Their engineering sections have a lot of very useful information and specifications.

http://www.martinsprocket.com/home.htm

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
Good info, Loremaster72...

Around here, Tractor Supply carries SOME sprockets... as well as elevator/feeder chain. Might try there (or Rural King) too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see that no one has posted a reply to your querry. I don't have a spreader or any information specific to your machine, but I've worked on a lot of machinery. If you have a worn-out part to go from, check out Martin Gear and Sprocket (see link below). They have a HUGE selection of sprockets for all types of chain drives, and can make custom parts. They also carry parts for engineering chains, as used on spreader drag conveyors. At the very least, it can help you define the exact specs for your sprocket, to make searching for a part easier. Their engineering sections have a lot of very useful information and specifications.

http://www.martinsprocket.com/home.htm
Thank you for the info. I will check that out.

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Glad you finally found the part! The refinish looks great. I hope the new paint job holds up under use.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I know this post is a bit old but Highway 1, could you tell me where you got the tires for your 100? What is the size?

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
You ought to be able to find what you're looking for here :m. e. MILLER tire Or at least find the size, and type of tread, and brand you're looking for, and maybe have a local dealer see if they can get them in for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts