My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having difficulty figuring out some components of the MC519 with a powerflo for my 60” deck on a 455. The tractor is a 1995 AWS .. the powerflo and MC519 were a Craigslist purchase but judging by pics it seems to be an old model possible from the eart ninetys like the 455.

2 issues -
Can’t figure out how the long section of the chute stays attached to the powerflo. As I mow it will wiggle itself out on the powerflo side and clippings start flying everywhere. There seems to be a ridge that almost looks like it would be held with a clamp or rubber strap.

Where does the cable from the MC519 attach to on the 455? I’m assuming this holds the top open while u dump just haven’t gotten it all working together yet.

2BFFA625-EAC4-44DC-ACF1-9A357840E0A8_1573281537946.jpeg 2BFFA625-EAC4-44DC-ACF1-9A357840E0A8_1573281537946.jpeg

Attachments

·
Shacker
761 Posts
When I had my MC519, there was a short rubber strap with a hook that went from the chute to the power flow if I remember correctly. A short bungee should work if you’re missing it. You are probably missing the little bracket that would have been attached to the cable and then bolted to one of the bolts under the seat. You probably could make one out of flat stock.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here are some pictures from my John Deere 345.

There is a rubber strap that is screwed into the bottom of the chute that attaches to the powerflow. You can buy the strap and screw etc in a kit from John Deere Parts.

The chain from the top of the cart connects to a bracket on the fender deck somewhere. I made my own bracket.

Attachments

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,637 Posts
2 issues -
Can’t figure out how the long section of the chute stays attached to the powerflo. As I mow it will wiggle itself out on the powerflo side and clippings start flying everywhere. There seems to be a ridge that almost looks like it would be held with a clamp or rubber strap.

Where does the cable from the MC519 attach to on the 455? I’m assuming this holds the top open while u dump just haven’t gotten it all working together yet.
There should be a rubber strap with a heavy "safety pin" looking clip on it, that attaches to the chute and clips into a hole just below where the chute fits the head.

As for the lift assist chain on the cart, you can put it anywhere you want. The system comes with a small bracket that bolts to the seat base.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Having difficulty figuring out some components of the MC519 with a powerflo for my 60” deck on a 455. The tractor is a 1995 AWS .. the powerflo and MC519 were a Craigslist purchase but judging by pics it seems to be an old model possible from the eart ninetys like the 455.

2 issues -

View attachment 2405301 View attachment 2405301
I have the exact same setup as you. The flap that covers the power flo output should snap over that ridge on the chute to hold it tight to the power flo head. In your first pic it looks like you have it on there correctly, but it's a little tough to see for sure. Hope my description makes sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyTractorForum Free App mobile app

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[
I have the exact same setup as you. The flap that covers the power flo output should snap over that ridge on the chute to hold it tight to the power flo head. In your first pic it looks like you have it on there correctly, but it's a little tough to see for sure. Hope my description makes sense.

Caw455 just ran out to the garage to see if it was as easy as u just described. I had the ridge on the bottom. I just spun it around and it fit right under the flap and now it’s like a rock. Thanks so much that was bothering me for about 3 months.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Caw455 just ran out to the garage to see if it was as easy as u just described. I had the ridge on the bottom. I just spun it around and it fit right under the flap and now it’s like a rock. Thanks so much that was bothering me for about 3 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts