My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 GT5000 needs the plastic piece on the dash over the steering wheel. I installed an hour meter so I'm thinking one from a 2004 is going to be a better choice.

I found the correct model I needed and wrote down the part number for the "dash decal" and ordered it. when it arrived it wasn't a dash decal but instead the engine id badges that go on the frame (the part numbers matched), not what I ordered but I'm happy, the POS ELS engine is gone and now the stickers that say I have an ELS will be replaced with Intek 24HP (which is what I put on it as a replacement).

can anyone tell me what the cover is that goes where the amp gauge and hour meter are? or even better a part number for the one that has cut outs for the amp and hour meter (since the 05 only had amp).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hello commrad,
If you are referring to the flexible dash cover, I used an exacto knife to cut the hole out for my hour meter on my 2004. (there was no hour meter, only amp cutout).
There doesn't apear to be an illustration for this part in the breakdown (at least in my 276081 manual, but I took a look at mine and on the back side there is this:

Hope this helps. Terry

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tjeffers, on the Sears site that is listed as a "decal, Dash, Stealth", "discontinued"

maybe your mower was made by Mitsubishi and sold as a Dodge, is it the twin turbo all wheel drive? just kidding.

guess I'll try a different "dash decal" part number since that's what what sears says the part number on yours is.

Thank you for the info, I know I wasn't crazy for ordering a dash decal.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I too needed that plastic cover part for my GT5000. I called Sears and they said that the only way to get one is to order a new dash. They're around $33. But then I thought why not buy a new dash from a DGT6000. It has the 3 holes for hour meter, ammeter, and tachometer. It roughly the same price. If your interested in doing that, order the dash from 917.275280.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts