My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had been talking about for a couple of years, so finally myself & 9 friends went for our handgun permit safety course right after Christmas. It was thru local gun shop recognized by the state.
That following Monday called for fingerprinting appointment with county sheriffs dept.
I guess due to backlog or whatever, 5 of us got appointments for last week. The rest got appointments for this week.
The first 4, myself included, went thru no problems. The fifth, my son's GF, had to get her temperature taken before they would allow her in the building on Friday morning.
The other 5 friends were to go today for their appointments. They were called and told they were postponed until at least the beginning of June, due to the virus issues.
I'm sure the county sheriff's office will not be cut back, but one never knows as County is in "State of Emergency" along with all neighboring counties, NJ, & PA.
We're going ahead and get all needed references completed and my son & I will at least put deposits on handguns so it can be included on our permits and get it back in within the required 60 days.
Hopefully we can get in and drop it off with no issues.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
432 Posts
Didn’t seem political to me.

I will wish you good luck and a speedy process. I’ve had a concealed handgun permit for a while now. We can open carry but I like not drawing too much attention so concealed works better for me.

So what are you thinking about getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Let's be careful with political talk, OK guys.....thanks
I see that my short reply to John's post was deleted so, I assume this was directed at me.
Upon reflection I agree that my reply could have been interpreted as pollical.
I apologize to John for my slip, and thank Poncho for catching it. I should have known better. :unsure:

I'll try to be more vigilant about that moving forward.
(y)

Renster

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what are you thinking about getting?
Leaning toward a 1911 9mm or 38 cal., but not sure how that will work with CC. Friend has S&W revolver with 2" barrel that I tried and liked also. Can't remember the model right now.

I see that my short reply to John's post was deleted so, I assume this was directed at me.
Upon reflection I agree that my reply could have been interpreted as pollical.
I apologize to John for my slip, and thank Poncho for catching it. I should have known better. :unsure:

I'll try to be more vigilant about that moving forward.
(y)

Renster
Renster,
I did not even see it, so that was the reason my reply to poncho62. So we're good.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wife got a good scare yesterday when 2 Sheriff deputies showed up at our doorstep. They asked if Tim lived here and her heart jumped figuring something happened to him. They then asked if I lived there also and she put 2 & 2 together.
We had mentioned to her that they would most likely be stopping by, but with everything else going on it must have slipped her mind. They left some paperwork & we had to e-mail them with case # on the sheet and confirm we did receive it.
Now just waiting on the character references to come back.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,177 Posts
I renewed mine back in January or February because it was due to renew in April, and takes a couple months... I am glad I did - got mine back i six weeks, about 2 weeks before the COVID crap started in Massachusetts, and now no one can renew, or get a new permit. All applications are not being processed. Before they shut gun stores down in our state, all the Mass shops and most NH shops had lines out the door, selling out, and having trouble replenishing. Now all mass shops are closed (except one guy who is defying the governor and AG), but NH stores are still open, and I live on the border, so I can still easily get long guns. Pistols I have to register in Mass with an FFL, so the waiting period on those is days instead of calling my FFL buddy to do my transfers on appointment just about any day...

I can't wait for this crap to be over. My ranges are closed, my wife doesn't want me to go anywhere, luckily I am still working from home, and getting paid, but my raise was cancelled, and I went on Furlough last week, so I'm down several hundred after getting unemployment for last week, but I am still working which is better than most...

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Called the sheriff's office on Tuesday to see status and they told me to call back May 15th for update. But the deputy felt it will be after June 1st. Our 60 days is up 5/11 but he said it will be waived since our preliminary paper work is in. Still waiting on one character reference, so I think I will bug him today about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts