My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
14,096 Posts
Oh, its

200_s.gif

and a young tractorer's fancies turn to thoughts of....

Lawn...

MacLawn
Congrats_Subway_Art_Sandy.jpg
Please join me in congratulating our very own MacLawn as he becomes the Featured Member of the month for May, 2014! Pull up a chair and lets have a yak with Mac!

photo 4.JPG

Name:

Jim

June 2006

Member number: 6284

What city, and state, do you live in?

Appling, GA

Are you married?

Yes

If so, your wife's name and how many years you've been married?

Brenda, 42 next month (I'll give her a week to straighten out)

Do you have any children?

Yes, Kris, age 28

Do you have any grandchildren?

Not yet, but here's me faithful hound!

photo 2.JPG

(Who couldn't love that face! She's with me all the time.)

What do you do to earn a living?

Foreign Missionary. Wonder if I'm the only one here? Unusual work, but it's like everything else I've ever done for a living - work! Been doing it over 35 years now. Retirement is a'coming... Watch out dirt - I'm gonna be rearranging ye!

How old are you?

Military service?

Vietnam, '67-'71

How did you come to join MTF?

Searching to find out how to connect my rear finishing mower!

What are your favorite forums and why?

Well, MTF! It is indeed the Friendliest and Most Respectful forum I've been on! Great people here! Also, truck forums.

What do you like most about MTF?

Respectful people.

Please list your tractors and/or equipment:

JD 2210, Ariens Zero Turn, Ariens OLD rididng mower, Troy Bilt self propelled, OLD Homelite chain saw, OLD Craftsman chain saw, OLD Echo weed eater - everything's like me - OLD.

What is your favorite tractor or piece of equipment and why?

Me JD 2210. That thing just does what I need it to do. Very versatile!

photo 1.JPG

Is there a tractor or piece of equipment you'd love to own someday?

Front end loader!! Wow, man could me old back use that! Some day, some day.

Tell us some of the tasks you use your tractors and/or equipment for?

Grading drive, about 500'. Plowing garden, cutting grass, pulling home made trailer for leaf removal, log, brush removal, just pulling and pushing stuff around with rear blade.

Could you describe your property for us?

4.5 acres of WOODS! If I ever buy land again, I want pasture! Then, I can plant trees I want, where I want them! I've learned, hey, trees, I love them, but you can't do anything with them but cut them down!

photo 3.JPG
(Artists representation of MacLawn's ideal property... in Spain)

Is there something you'd love to build or restore someday? Pole barn (a man can never have enough roofs to put his junque under), resore a very old tractor. Hey, doesn't hurt to dream!

Most memorable tractor moment?

Bush hogging one of my old man mentor's pasture when I was a teenager using his Farmall hand cranked tractor! Back in the '60s.

Earliest tractor memories? See above. I loved doing his bush hog work! I'd about pay somebody to let me do that again!

Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with us?

Hunting, fishing, camping, and my all time favorite - just piddlin'.

What do the other people in your life think of your "tractor" hobby?

Heheehee, they's envious! Except the ones who have more tractors than me!

Congratulations, MacLawn! Some of the rewards you will be enjoying:

·
Super Moderator
13,592 Posts
Congratulations Jim!

Always enjoy your posts :D

"Just piddlin" covers A LOT of other hobbies... I engage in piddlin a good amount and always seem to get in trouble with Mrs. Beef in the process :ROF

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,297 Posts
Hey Jim, congrats! I have to say I've had the pleasure of sharing some time with you on the forums, and must say you're the essence of what makes MTF so great......you're friendly, helpful, and above all, you're positive! Very deserving, thank you :thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
37,082 Posts
Congrats Jim, and thank you for your missionary work! I wish more people shared that calling!

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,740 Posts
Congratulations Jim, to a long time member who is truly worthy of this award! :beer:

Sent from the MTF Android app.

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Congrats Jim. Nice to get to know you better and :ditto: on the missionary work.

Enjoy your month in the spotlight. You and I are about the same age, keep piddling, if we stop I think we're done for!

·
Administrator
21,671 Posts
Congratulations!

Along with the prize package supplied by our site sponsors, you'll be getting a year's Premium Membership and a new badge!

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats! slkpk

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Congratulations Jim! You have helped us all so much on here! Thank you!

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
Hey Jim, congrats! I have to say I've had the pleasure of sharing some time with you on the forums, and must say you're the essence of what makes MTF so great......you're friendly, helpful, and above all, you're positive! Very deserving, thank you :thThumbsU
:ditto::ditto::ditto: And of course I applaud your taste in tractors. :)

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
Thanks a lot boys!! I don't like being in spotlight, but reckon in me life I've been kinda thrust there a few times. But, here, I'm among friends! Like minded folks who just seem to squeeze life! Hehehehee, Well boys, let's keep'er between the ditches!

Oh, I'm spending a bit of time finally reading again some of the MOM threads (wonder why??), and I probably won't get to them all, but I still say a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to all my fellow MyTractor Forum members!! The best!

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
I forgot to add in my earlier comment, Thanks for your service. I was in from 68 to 72 with two tours in Vietnam.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Congrats.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
Thanks rich! "Sent from my potato..." man, that made me LOL as they say! That's a good one! Sent from my potato... oh me... love it!!

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Congrats Jim!! Keep up the good work and Thanks for your Service!!
graphics-thumbs-834331.gif

1 - 20 of 41 Posts