My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some feed back from any Max 28 owners with the gear drive transmission. My son purchased one about 30 days with front end loader an belly mower. Our first surprize was who in there wildest dreams would have thought this thing does not have live power . We did not notice that on our test drive because the deck was not installed at that time. Then next issue is that the deck clearence is very minium even in the full up position. So it high centers very easy' but too add insult to injury if you do high center the deck drive pulley hits the cross brace for the FEL an bends it. Now after 50hrs of use the clutch seems to stick or want fully disingauge when the tractor is shut down for a fue minutes then restarted, unless you park it an use the clutch pedal lock out that holds the pedal in the disegauge position. I believe this is because it gets hot if your mowing where theres obsticals to pause or change directions often because every time the clutch is pushed in the mower stops. With all this being said this is a great little tractor key word little tractor most don't have belly mowers. If we had purchased the HST modle except for the deck hitting the cross member which I think can be solved, there would be no issues worth mentioning. Have any of you exsperinced these issues if so how did you address them ? We are hopeing mahindra the company will want to address these issues . Know one is blowing us off yet the clucth issue just happened yesterday an its the week end so we are just looking for food for thought. At my sons house he dozen't have many things in the way it was at my place that it seemed to overwhelm the clutch . Have any of you with any Mahindra prouduct had to interact at a factory level . If so how did that go were they easy too work with?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw you chimed in on another conversation about the Mahindra Max a number of months ago. I haven't put the money down on one yet but I see your son has. I hope Mahindra is steering you in the right direction? Is the clutch issue something simple?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Have you checked with the dealer about the issues?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts