My Tractor Forum banner

Max 28 Loader

235 4
Anyone upgrade there Max28 loader? Stronger/bigger curl cylinders, add quick attach and bucket level gauge? Anyone use the bucket clamp on forks?
Thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Can’t help with but one of your questions…
I have the clamp on pallet forks. They work, but 100% I’d take a dedicated set on quick attach if given the choice. The clamp ones are hard on the bucket. My bucket is permanently bent and I had to weld the scraper edge back on.
They’re prone to shifting. I ended up welding some steel in the bucket where I commonly put them so the set bolts can “nest”. Keeps them in place way better.
They’re waaaaaay out in front of the machine, so capacity and fine movements become problematic.
All in all, better than nothing but I’d prefer a dedicated set of my machine had quick attach.
I was afraid of that with the clamp on forks. I don’t want to bend or mess up my bucket and loader. I have a set of small forklift forks. I might make them work on my three point hitch. At least I could use it to move material around.
I have a pirahna toothbar on my bucket that the Titan fork clamp on that 1/2" steel and that spreads the "twist" out to the supports bolted on the sides of the bucket and has kept the bucket in good shape on my Little Buck Loader and the steel on the bucket isn't that thick.
Changing to larger diameter cylinders for more force requires identical length cylinders between the pins, and the same length of stroke, and it probably won't work in the unlikely event that you find such critters because the larger diameter cylinder will probably interfere with the arm.

I won't say that it can't be done, but such a mod takes very careful consideration and measuring. Unless Mahindra offers such an option, moving pin holes is going to be necessary.
Anyone upgrade there Max28 loader? Stronger/bigger curl cylinders, add quick attach and bucket level gauge? Anyone use the bucket clamp on forks?
Thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts