My Tractor Forum banner

Max 26xl

12K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Mainline 
#1 ·
Just bought a new MAX 26XL with a loader and backhoe. They had sold the last one at the dealer so they had to order one and it should be here in a few weeks. Still have about 12 to 18 inches of snow on the ground so it's not a problem. There doesn't seem to be many Mahindra comments. If you own the MAX can you give some info on how it has worked for you. Any problems.

#2 ·
My son and I just bought a 26xl we have had it 2 weeks and played with the hoe and the loader. We are impressed it has great power and the hoe digs like a groundhog. I removed some shrubs and dug a sump for the house roof drains through the roots of a old Maple tree it cut right through roots as big as my arm with little problem. We have done the 10 hr.servicing. Some of the fittings are not shown in the paperwork , like the linkage zerks under the floor board, the tie rod ends need a pump or two also. I found a sun shade at Tractor supply it clamps top center of the ROPS and has a removal umberella only cost 85 dollars. My only complaint is the seat is a real pain to lift and turn for the hoe position. It is comfortable just a bother to get set up.

#3 ·
I just got a call from the dealer and they will deliver the tractor tomorrow. I still have snow on the ground, but I don't think it will be much longer. It has been warm up here. Thanks for the reply Don, I'll have to located all the grease fittings and make them happy. What do they do for the 10hrs servicing? I don't think it will take long to get to 10 hrs. I look forward to start working this tractor getting ready for summer. When I was trying out the different brands of tractors the loaders power was what impressed me. I could push a load of snow to the snow bank and keep diving and lift the loader up to dump. Some other ones I had to back away from the snow bank to lift the loader. This was just snow, it would probably be worst with dirt. I will see how she goes.I was looking at those umbrellas and I may hold off for now. I think I'll just get a floppy hat, not a fan of hats, but I like them better than sunburns.
Have a good one.

#4 ·
For the 10 hr. maintance they recommend check all fluid levels, grease all fittings and retorque all lug bolts and the frame mount bolts they say 6 on each side mine are gold, others near them was silver. The bolts were all 20mm and you should use a 6 point socket as this much torque can cause slippage. We found 7 on each side the ones near the main mount for the loader had an upper and a lower. The upper went into the engine block while the lowers have a nut backing up on the back side you will need to put a wrench on the nut to hold the roll for the retorque. Check your book for torque specs. I used 70 FTLBS. for front wheels 80 for frame bolts and 90 for rear wheels. The book says 69 for front but 70-80-90 is easier to remember and I'm sure 1 lb won't kill it. Hope you enjoy your new ride as much as we have ours it seems to be a brute and I worked a lot of dirt with the loader today need more seat time on the hoe not quite smooth with it yet. Looking forward to a fun summer re-landscaping my whole yard.

#5 ·
Got my tractor today and the owner of the dealership drove it out. Went through all the basics and showed me how to take off the loader and backhoe. Went through hyd safety and talked about the 10 and 50 hr service and what that entails. He spent about an hour there. I got the thumb for the backhoe, I have a lot of rocks to move. After he left I played with the loader and moved a little dirt around. The lawn is still soft so I will wait a bit. I want to do some landscaping, just not all of it. I think this will do what I was hoping for. One change to the loader is when you take it off there is just one support leg that mounts to the center cross member vice two, one on each arm. Still works fine just different.

#6 ·
Great to hear you got yours hope you enjoy it and have fun. Sounds like you got one heck of a dealer mine just sent one of his guys out to deliver mine but he did review all the things about it and answered any questions I had. Stopped by the dealer today to look at a box blade will probably buy it Monday.
Found a different new hat I liked but when I ask to pay for it the lady said that's ok just take it with you. We got two with the machine when we signed all the paperwork.
little things like that make me think this will be a good relationship. Well hope you have a good time work safe and enjoy the new Toy.

#7 ·
It was a beautiful day on Sunday, almost 80. All the snow that was around on Friday has melted. The ground was pretty firm so I went to spread out the 8 yard of fill. I found out high range is no good in the sand. Thought it was all ready in low, boy was I wrong. Anyway had a good laugh and started using the tractor. Glad I got 4 wheel drive that does make a difference in the sand. I was moving the fill with the loader and was real impressed with the power. Flipped up a rock that has been in the way for years, its a big flat rock, gonna put that aside. I think I will have a use for that. Spent a few hours getting to know my tractor. Almost got slapped in the head with some branches coming off the rops. I guess which trees need trimming. I uploaded a few photos, funny the ones with the rider came in upside down. Anyone know how to fix that? Anyway gonna have a fun summer. Have a drainage ditch that I want to smooth out the sides,some landscaping and get rid of some trees and stumps.

Attachments

#8 ·
Long time since your post - just saw it - but just wondering how you like your Husqvarna articulating rider. Thought seriously about getting one last Fall, but ultimately went with a SCUT because of the loader & other capabilities. However I still like that Husqy mower design. Have ou have good luck with it?

#9 ·
Mainline has the Husky. We just have our Mad Max. My son and I both love it and have gotten a lot of work done with it as soon as the weather warms up I will be using it to do a stone wall all along the front of our lot bout 130 feet long two 12 x 12 x 36 rocks high.

#10 ·
Oops, replied to the wrong guy. Good to hear about your Mahindra though. Just received my Kubota bx1880 yesterday - got a lot to do, and looking forward to it!

#11 ·
Long time since your post - just saw it - but just wondering how you like your Husqvarna articulating rider. Thought seriously about getting one last Fall, but ultimately went with a SCUT because of the loader & other capabilities. However I still like that Husqy mower design. Have ou have good luck with it?

#12 ·
Pleease
Sorry it took me a while to see you asked me a question. I have had the husky for 4 years and it has been great. This is a all wheel rider and if you have hilly or tight places you need to mow it's great. This thing will turn on a dime and not mark up the lawn. I can do a 12" circle around plants. The picture you see with the snow plow that's how it is for winter. No chains needed. In the Husky forum there is a large thread on this model 2000+ comments and they address a lot of the issues some people have had. I've been lucky I have not had much go wrong, a small spring and a cable. Have new belts and if I make it through the winter I'll replace them for the first time. Gonna have to give my snow blower some loving this summer though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.