My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is my pride and joy, it had better be bears next restoration project. ROF It's a 1957 it was a mothers day present from my children (i think bear bear forgot it was mothers day and it was the only thing he had around to give me). A lot like the tires, paint, rear rims and decal kit i have gotten over the past few birthdays, valentines days and mothers day again. I'll have to talk nice to him and get him to put on a picture of it. He has all the pictures on his computer.

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Well i guess this Mothers day he should start on yours being you have all the stuff already :D And bear post some before during and after pictures would you please. :fing02:

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
this is how it looks today same as last summer and the summer before. by the sounds of things around here it better be all shiny by this summer

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,804 Posts
Bear,
Your the only guy I know who can dig something out of the shop, give it to the better half as a present and have half a chance of getting away with it. You are truly blessed man. :fing32:

Mammabear,
Besure and remind Bear of that now and again if he forgets. ;)

I will be looking forward to the restoration pictures.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
by the sounds of things around here it better be all shiny by this summer[/QUOTE]

Well Bear you sure have put yourself into the frying pan....Lets get the lead out on mommas tractor.....
ROF

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know bear will get at it soon. we are about to get real busy here with seeding. but on a rainy day i'll have to try and get him to put a pretty red tractor in the shop instead of a yellow one. right bear. :00000033:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I noticed no reply from you little bear mammabear....... Would think he knows better but as a man I know that we just try to put things on the back burner and as always they get bumped ehh Bear?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Mammabear,
It sounds like it is already on the honeydo list. Maybe you should list it their too!

Hey Bear, How much time to just make it pretty and new looking. No engine change, and tranny cleanup?

·
Keeper of the bees
2,409 Posts
Nice 555. I have a 1957 555D also would be interesting to compare serial numbers, I get mine soon to post.
My wife Kare has four Masseys of her own and they were presents as she requested for mothers day birthday sweetest day and a just because.

For Mothersday Kare asked for a tractor, I knew she wanted a 81 she had seen but I had a 20 in mind that was near by so that is what she got.
For her birthday she asked for a tractor, I got her the 81 she had been wanting all spring and summer.
She found a 1954 Pacer in the news want ads and said she wanted it for sweetest day. She got that one. Next she asked for a propane 44 we found parked in some weeds behind a barn, she got it just because.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
carl there are a few little dents in the fender and a little straighterning to do on the grill. if i couls work at it all day everyday with no interuptions maybe could have it done in a week but no interuptions around here would be like disneyland with no kids

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Yeah right Bear... ROF Sounds like me when the wifey is around.... See what happens when you let the little lady join... they keep pushing :bump9: until what they want done is done... :bonk:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
started working on it the other day. bear brought it right up by the house and after i got everyone fed and cleaned up,my helpers and i went out and took the hood and grill off. bear straightend out the screen the other night,and he said he will work on the grill today because we had snow last night and he's a bit grumpy and can't be out in the field. i'll have to talk nicew to him at dinner and see if he will post pics.

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
:woohoo1: Im glad to hear it keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Its spring time mammabear and most "bears are a little grumpy in the spring...Hope it warms so bear can get out in the fields.. I am fortunate as we ha spring like conditions all winter here...so I can play more often. Something about a freshly mowed field and a balmy 65' moning w/ a light ground fog.... That aroma the sound of a tractor working.... Thats enough as I dont want to upset the bear

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
It dont look to be in bad shape shouldnt take you long bear.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
heres somew pics of taking the old tires off, straightening the grill and some of the parts in primer. just got in from 1st primer coat on the tractor have some other pics just not loaded on here yet mamabear has it entered in a parade for july 9 so the pressure is on..... she knows how to get what she wants if it were'nt in the parade i'd likely put it off until fall

Attachments

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Looking good Bear. I will agree that the little women know just the right things to do to get it done when they want it. ROF You seem to have it under control. Just wish I had the work shop to do the work in. Oh well that is what I get for joining in on the city life.....

Bear is that hose from the wheel for removing the fluid in the tire? We have a big vac pump that we use to break the bead so tire removal is a little easier sometimes. Sometimes we still have to beat it down to break the bead.

·
Retired Mod
3,734 Posts
bear. what are you using for paint and primer? im getting ready to spray some of my small mowers and need opinions. my wife is still looking for the tractor (garden tractor) she wants and i will get 1 for her. keep up the good work. :fing32: bernie.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts