My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about two weeks of projects away from listing my Massey GC2400 on CL and Tractorhouse.com. It has 600 hours I bought it with around 500 hours and did the Tranny fluid service at that time.

Runs great. Only issue is I snapped off the knob the changes the speed of 3pt up and down. I have it but never fixed it have never really needed to adjust that.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on where I should start with a price. no mid Mount mower but it does have a front loader.

Attachments

·
Professional Homeowner
7,059 Posts
I sold 2007 GC2300 about 1 year ago with similar hours for about $9000 or 9500, I think, but it had the 60" mower deck and 3pt powerflow bagger, each of which I guess might have added $1,000, so maybe $7500 might be a good starting point?
Again that's just a guess, but you might check tractorhouse or FB marketplace or CL to see if you can find something similar.

·
Administrator
16,806 Posts
Suggest you ck several places like Machinery Pete, Tractor House and online auction results. By focusing in on results from your general portion of the country, you can avoid the "Goldilocks" pricing problem. You'll don't want to be asking too much causing sale to languish, or too little which will make you feel you gave it away. You'll be able to find a price point that will produce a sale and a feeling that you got what was fair to you. Just my 2¢.
MikeC

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've seen similarly sized used machines with comparable hours and age in my area go for around 8000 to 8500 that had loaders and mower decks on them. A new tractor/loader purchase of similar specs here in Western NY is about $12000 for about 3 different brands (MF, Mahindra,Kubota). Good luck

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys. I paid $7500 for it and used 4 years so even I got that out of it I would be doing ok.

In fact I think I would keep it before I sold it for less. I think I'm going to list a $8,300 throw in the dirt scoop and front snow pushing blade. Both of those new would be over $600 combined.

From my searching I see a lot of lessor tractors listed for more or close to that.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sold my Massey for $7100 and kept my snow blade and all the implements. I'm happy with that. Got to use for 4 years and got a good deal of my money back out of it. I priced it to sell and it sold. I will have a tractor again someday but for now I got my projects done and have access to tractors so it was just sitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts