My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My resolve is weakening, I’m ready to march into the dealership and buy it. FL1805 loader and 2360 snowblower w/ hydraulic rotate and electric deflector.
Talk me off the ledge.
BTW, the 10 year, 2,000 hour warranty is what turned the tide in the dealer’s favor. That’s crazy.

·
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least pat my virtual shoulder and say ‘there, there’.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ok...I'll do my best...here goes.

Dude! Why would you buy such an amazing piece of equipment like that?! That thing will probably only last you for 40...50...60 years with proper care. Nobody wants that kind of commitment! What good is a 10yr/2000hr warranty if you never have to use it?! Makes no sense to me.

Heck, now that I think of it my 1710 is 5+ years old and has just simply been too awesome. It's like marrying the guy or girl of your dreams that does everything you could ever want and does it with a smile. Never tells you no...just takes care of your needs.

So as you can see, you definitely shouldn't buy it. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing...I think. I might have that wrong though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m thinking turf tires, because I don’t think snow tires are an option the SCUT sized tractors. It is on the CUTs.
Also, since Kubota has an exclusivity deal with Titan on the R14T’s, I think AGCO uses Nokians?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I’m thinking turf tires, because I don’t think snow tires are an option the SCUT sized tractors. It is on the CUTs.
Also, since Kubota has an exclusivity deal with Titan on the R14T’s, I think AGCO uses Nokians?
Mine came with Carlisle Trac Chief R4 industrial tires. Turf tires fare better in snow than my R4's but are no match in stone, mud or dirt. Not sure if anyone by JD offers them but there's a really neat turf/industrial hybrid carlisle put out last year that seem like a nice balance.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Do you use a tractor enough hours each year to justify a new piece?

And does this mean you are tired of working on GT's?

Be sure to post some pics when you get it.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,708 Posts
Turfs are better for snow and mow. That tractor probably has your name written all over it. Go for it. Now that's what you really wanted to hear. ;)

·
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
. Not sure if anyone by JD offers them but there's a really neat turf/industrial hybrid carlisle put out last year that seem like a nice balance.

The Versa Turfs are a copycat of Titan’s R14T’s. Nokian and Galaxy now have similar offerings.
I’ll have to find out if there is another tire option besides the standard R1, R3, or R4’s.

·
6,948 Posts
I was offered Turfs, Ags or R4s..my choice..I took the turfs because I don't want to tear up my lawn..they are Carlisles
Got the rears filled with rimguard....but I think you are really more familiar with them than some of us that own them...good luck with the decision

·
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you use a tractor enough hours each year to justify a new piece?

And does this mean you are tired of working on GT's?

Be sure to post some pics when you get it.
Yep

Yep

Yep

·
6,948 Posts
3 yes answers...does that mean that you are going back to the dealer tomorrow morning to get it? 😁

·
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don’t think they want me grading their parking lot, but it was there and I was unsupervised.

·
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, nothing yet. The only salesman on duty shot a deer before work and spent the entire day tracking it. (Supposedly) Bit torqued about that until he texted and said Black Friday deals on the GC series starts tomorrow. Current deals are 0% for 84 months, GC1723e w/2360 snowblower with hydraulic rotate and electric chute for $13,300, and an extended warranty for $575. (increases power train warranty to 10 years, 2,000 hours)

·
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Black Friday deal on Massey GC series tractors:

First service kit: all filters: oil, air, fuel, and hydraulic. Gear oil and hydraulic oil included, motor oil not included. Free. (motor oil not included because most people choose a different oil than the Massey offering)

Extended Warranty to 10 years/2,000 hours, free.

Discount for paying cash, $3,000.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,708 Posts
I'll bet you'll be the first person in the dealership on Friday. 🤑

1 - 20 of 35 Posts