My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Snapper 1650
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I'm trying to figure out how to post pics. This is my massey 1650.

If it does not come through, could you tell me how to get the url of my picture to this site?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how to post pics. This is my massey 1650.

If it does not come through, could you tell me how to get the url of my picture to this site?
Looks like you're trying to upload direct from the memory stick. You need to upload your pic to a photo hosting site, such as photobucket, etc, then link from the site.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Here ya go, sorry took so long.
Thanks, Already sourced the left handed threaded rod, 5/8X11X36 is $8.50, hex shaft is 1.25X10 is $12. The other treaded rod is $8.50. The swivel eye is $6. The most expinsive part will be the left handed tap at $27. Then I can make my own.

·
Snapper 1650
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yea, I was trying to upload it from my computer & it said it exceeds the size limit. I guess I had the camera on the wrong mode. I will try to upload it to the photo bucket & see if that works. Thanks for the info.

·
Snapper 1650
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I think I can use an electric pto with this Kohler command, I have to do some figuring & see if I can find one to fit. Thanks for the info.

·
22,880 Posts
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :thThumbsU :thThumbsU :trink40: Bee-yootifull!!!

Very well done!

Bob :rauch10:

·
Registered
248 Posts
wow nice tractor MFERMAN

Today I found out by fluke where there is a splined shaft that will fit a 2000rpm pto .I was taking a bad trans out of a MF 1200[gear trans], and I pulled the wheel hub off the axel shaft and to my surprise I discovered it had the same splines as a pto shaft, so I thought trans is no good anyway, so I pulled both axels and now have 2 doner PTO Shafts.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oldcowhand,..
I have a 1655,.. If I understand these postings corretually,.. It's got a 2000 rpm pto shaft?
Ian going to possibly set up my olathey sweeper to run off a pto.
Ditching all the original drive motors.
So I really need to know the original pto speed.
Also,..I might want to run this off my Jd 400 series tractor..can u tell me if they are the same rpm, and direction?
Thanks, kubotakid

·
22,880 Posts
Yes. Both the 1655 and the JD 400 have 2000 rpm PTOs. They also turn the same direction.

Both engines have the flywheel at the rear.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
I don't think the JD 400 PTO was 2000 RPM have been told its something odd like
850 RPM I don't know for sure but my information came from a JD collector.
And if you mean '400 series' tractor like the 425,445,455 they have 540 RPM PTO

·
22,880 Posts
Wow, that is an odd rpm! I just checked at Tractordata and the say 540 rpm for the rear and 2000 for the front on the 425.

I'm learning new stuff every day. Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks for the replys, the Deere is a straight 400, but Iam going to sell it cause I just bought a late model international (farmall) cub,
Just off hand dose anyone know if the cub and the 1655 ptos turn the same direction? If memory serves me correctly the cub pto is 1800 rpm.
Thanks guys
Kubotakid

·
22,880 Posts
I believe that all rear PTOs turn the same direction for ease of moving powered attachments from one brand of tractor to another. That's a passed down standardization from the agricultural community.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
If its the older Farmall Cub it turns counterclockwize opposite most everything else one of the the Satoh tractors does the same thing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
21 - 40 of 47 Posts