My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have recently got a mf 14 Massey Ferguson garden tractor have ordered a manual off ebay i have a lot of question hope the manual will answer if not hope this post will 1 what are the sizes belts on the mower deck when i got the mower it had a 6 volt battery running it but after a week the battery quit i put a new 6 volt in it but after a week it quit does this mower take a 12 volt battery can you still get blades for this mowers what size are they

·
dd85
211 Posts
Okay, everybody pay attention
The AGCO (aGCO, Allis Chalmbers, Massey Ferguson, White, Gleaner ect)parts site is up and running
Site is www.agcoparts.com
click on Guest user, view books.
Now on the MF12, the model is 14.
You can see what battery and what belts your 510 mower deck takes
It did come out with a 12 volt battery. and the belts are by part number, the Auto parts store or Lawn mower shop should be able to take the part number and cross to the correct size.

·
Banned
550 Posts
You might also post this to the Massey lawn and garden tractor forum a little lower on the page under compact utility tractors. I have a MF14. I wrestled with the belt for weks until some one on the garden tractor told me the secret, The belt you want or that will work is a 5/8" X 90 inch Kevlar belt sold at most tractor supply houses for 17 bucks. The manual calls for a 92 inch belt for both the deck, and PTO, no one I know has gotten the PTO belt to stay on at 92 inches

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks for you reply yes i have a 90 inch 1/2 inch belt and now i can see the 5/8 will fit better does any small 12 volt battery work and correct me if i am wrong the mower blades are 17 inch do you know what size the right and left belts size are ty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts