My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An MF 216 GTX is for sale near me. $250, described as needing a new engine Owner says that the existing engine is shot, and that it is a hydraulic drive with implement lift. There is a mower deck. I haven't visited it, but from its picture, there seems a lot of commonality with my 1987 446. What engine does it have? Is the Case/Ingersoll and MF GTXs similar?
Thanks

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
An MF 216 GTX is for sale near me. $250, described as needing a new engine Owner says that the existing engine is shot, and that it is a hydraulic drive with implement lift. There is a mower deck. I haven't visited it, but from its picture, there seems a lot of commonality with my 1987 446. What engine does it have? Is the Case/Ingersoll and MF GTXs similar?
Thanks
Some MF`s are essentially rebadged Case/Ingy`s and some have Briggs power
I recall somone here has one ( Caseman2 ?)

By the way, long time no post, hope all is well up North

regards
EDIT: chk`d past posts and Caseman2 does have one, but as Boom points out below it`s powered by a Kohler Magnum twin. My error, sorry.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
In the early 90's, Ingersoll made garden tractors for Massey-Ferguson. They were 4000 series with a different dash and hood along with having a Kohler Magnum twin under that hood instead of the Vanguard. The asking price is cheap providing the tractor itself is in decent condition. It's worth that much just as a parts tractor because the holding valve by itself will bring $200.00 on e-Bay.

So this is just a matter of cosmetics because it's all-Ingy except for the styling.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Some MF`s are essentially rebadged Case/Ingy`s and some have Briggs power
I recall somone here has one ( Caseman2 ?)

By the way, long time no post, hope all is well up North

regards
EDIT: chk`d past posts and Caseman2 does have one, but as Boom points out below it`s powered by a Kohler Magnum twin. My error, sorry.
Yeah, and I would be interested in getting a little brother for my 320 GTX, but for the distance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I declined the MF 216. Life is too short for me to spend another winter fixing a garden tractor. The picture is my 446 performing one of the excuses I used to buy it. Getting out of Earl's (hurricane, that is) way. Thanks for the replies

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts