My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,
I figured I would start a new thread for my mower deck questions.

Can anyone tell me what is supposed to be used to connect the deck to the lift bar on the tractor. Right now mine has one clevis. It is the kind where on the one side it unscrews. The problem right now is that even if I have the roller on the back the back of the deck sits up too high compared to the front and I don't really see a way of bringing the front up except for maybe a little with the arms that run to the front bumper. Maybe I'm just not understanding how to get it adjusted right. It mows pretty good especially with the new blades but with the back sitting higher then the front it has to be lowered too far and the front anti scalp roller rides on the ground.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Okay the 510 is for the 14's and 16's and the 710 is for the 7' and 8's so the 610 should be for the 10's and 12's, right. I've had two 10's, I didn't care for them, to bulky for the size, didn't turn well, would have re-powered with a Kohler. It seemed like the Tecumseh wore down quick on the big beast, didn't like the running gear, drive belt, mower belt, design, or functionality, It just seemed awkward. My 14 is powerful, nimble, quick and functions well for a large garden tractor. My eights are also very fast, turn on a dime, and will bring the wheels off the ground, with or without the deck. The Tecumseh engine seems better suited for the little tractor, especially when re-powered with an exact size new 10 hp. I'll probably rebuild the other MF-8G Tecumseh engine this winter just to keep it all original. I've been buying my manuals at my local Massey dealer, they've been extremely useful at times and an utter disappointment at others. I have to download IE (I'm running firefox now) in order to access Agco Parts. I've heard they have manuals on pdf that you can look at and print, that's where I'd start. I had a bear of a time on my MF-14 deck, I spent a week trying to figure out how to level and adjust the mower drive belt. Only thing that worked is Old Cowhands suggestion of using a smaller belt, no problems now. Mike

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what ya mean Mike. I like my 12 and it does do a good job but the turning radius isn't the best at least to the one side LOL. I would love to find a 14 or a 16. When I bought my 12 my buddy bought the two 7's the guy had and I can't believe how sharp they turn in comparison. If I get a hold of a 14 or 16 I think the 12 will become just a parade tractor for the kids to run around on but I am not dissapointed with the hh120 on the 12. Now that I have it tuned right and it isn't bellowing black smoke when the governor kicks it up it is doing great. PO didn't do too good of a job adjusting the carb and the one governor spring was in the wrong location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts