My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sense a certain similarity. Not sure what it is.

:sidelaugh

The tractor is being offered on Craigslist up in NY someplace as a parter. The color just cracked me up. That may be the pinkest Gravely I've ever seen.

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts
I sense a certain similarity. Not sure what it is.

:sidelaugh

The tractor is being offered on Craigslist up in NY someplace as a parter. The color just cracked me up. That may be the pinkest Gravely I've ever seen.

That's right up near me. I thought about calling. Do you think that's a 50" deck?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
That's one of the special, "Wife Edition," Gravelys. Specifically made for hopefully winning over the Mrs. with a feminine style Gravely so she'll accept your obsession. ;)

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts
Wife Edition? Hah! That seat alone would scare her away. Another non-runner? I'd be the one running.

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's one of the special, "Wife Edition," Gravelys. Specifically made for hopefully winning over the Mrs. with a feminine style Gravely so she'll accept your obsession. ;)

Sent from the MTF Free App
Don't laugh as it is true in some cases. Toro used a "Womens' Focus Group" in the late '90s for input in the design of the Toro Wheel Horse 5xi series. Just like other manufacturers of that time, they featured women operating the equipment. What better way to sell the product.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,732 Posts
That's right up near me. I thought about calling. Do you think that's a 50" deck?
Looks more like a 40".

As for Mary Kay attachments, there's a dog eater and reel mower in Ohio of matching color. Maybe at a Mow In we should reserve a place for a MK assemblage of pink Gravely items. Then invite an MK executive to join in for a picture.:sidelaugh

Attachments

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
. . . . . . Then invite an MK executive to join in for a picture.:sidelaugh
You'd have no problem finding a few to participate, that's for sure. Those ladies love publicity.:thThumbsU

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'd have no problem finding a few to participate, that's for sure. Those ladies love publicity.:thThumbsU
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. This could really be a fun event.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I've seen a quite a few that looked like their makeup was applied with a snow plow and even a couple that looked like they used a dogeater!!! Lol

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,566 Posts
On closer inspection I think I agree.
:ditto: In the pic, the rear edge of the deck is close to the outer edge of the tire with the wheel in it's "inboard" position. The 50"deck would extend past the tire with the wheel in it's "outboard" position. It's a 40".

Too bad John. You might have been able to pick up a rare "two tone" Mary Kay deck.:D

·
4,156 Posts
Yes. Only the discharge extender piece clears the tire.

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts
Yes that and no skids tipped me off.

·
4,156 Posts
didn't pick up on that - learn something new all the time on here.

I picked up a 40" recently - too good a price to pass on. Question: On a 400 series if you turn the wheels in, can you run a 40"? Or are they only for use on a walk behind?

I have sveral 50"s - this is the first 40 I have come across.

·
Super Moderator
11,566 Posts
didn't pick up on that - learn something new all the time on here.

I picked up a 40" recently - too good a price to pass on. Question: On a 400 series if you turn the wheels in, can you run a 40"? Or are they only for use on a walk behind?

I have sveral 50"s - this is the first 40 I have come across.
A 40" rider mid mount mower like the one in this thread? Yes you can with the wheels in.

·
4,156 Posts
1 - 20 of 152 Posts