My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We got nailed with snow.. we got 14" on tueday night.. 4 more friday night and 12 more on saturday

lots of fun and snow throwing...

**** my isp is down.. ill post a few pics later..

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
SJ looks like your puppy is near full grown..Nice of you to share your snow w/ your snowless pals ROF

·
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sixchows said:
I thought I heard that pup say " UH a little privacy here, if you don't mind!

he did say that 6C and i felt obliged to show him whose boss!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,769 Posts
ONE more snow fall /or spring?

I could have used one more snowfall here in IL. But I think I ready for spring and tilling the Garden in another month.

·
Registered
220 Posts
SJ..

Nice job on the driveway.
I wish we saw some of that, looks like down state NY has had it
for this winter. Sure would have loved to plow one more time.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
AEGT5000 said:
SJ..

Nice job on the driveway.
I wish we saw some of that, looks like down state NY has had it
for this winter. Sure would have loved to plow one more time.
Aeg
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger upstate New York had been a bust also. We got only an 84" snow total this winter. I only plowed my driveways five times all winter, and some of those were just small storms. The up side is I have a lot of yard repairs to make because of the soft ground. My John Deere 4600 with an 84" box scraper on the back sure can take a divot!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Nice snow pictures.

We still have 4-5 feet of snow on the ground on average.

Plenty of snowblowing done this winter. I'm sure I nicked the turf in areas of my yard too. Guess I'll find out what the damages are in a couple of months.

·
Old Fart
3,225 Posts
simple john -

I hate to tell you but my squirrel has bigger ones than your dog does. Not making fun of your dog - wouldn't think of it - but this picture speaks for itself. ROF ROF ROF

"wheely boy" sometimes uses the picture of my squirrel but make no mistakes-about-it, it is my squirrel. He lives with me in Modoc County, Alturas, CA.

ED

·
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright alright.. on my dogs behalf... it was very cold that day.. and to quote my hero George Castanza... there was 'significant shrinkage'
ROF

·
Registered
220 Posts
Slip,

The last little storm we got a few weeks ago took us over the 40” mark.
That set a record down here: "4 consecutive years over 40.”
I wish is was 4 consecutive MONTHS over 40.”

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
4 to 5 feet on the ground, 84 inches total, 100+ inches so far this year.....great day............its time for grass to start growing. I am working on my tan already, and the grass is greening up fast...............Been going around barefoot the last 3 or so weeks........Got to hand it to you all that like that white stuff and cold weather. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
chipmaker said:
4 to 5 feet on the ground, 84 inches total, 100+ inches so far this year.....great day............its time for grass to start growing. I am working on my tan already, and the grass is greening up fast...............Been going around barefoot the last 3 or so weeks........Got to hand it to you all that like that white stuff and cold weather. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
4 - 5 feet on the ground makes for some good snowmobiling and skiing of all types. 270 inches fallen so far for the year. No bugs, snakes or anything like that to worry about. No grass to mow and the snow has slowed down to where we can just play in it and not worry so much about moving it.

I go barefoot in the snow all the time between heat sessions when in the sauna so I guess I've been going around barefoot since last summer.

We'll get our share of warm weather too. Just not until July & August, then it's back to the cool weather

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Keweenaw heres a snow blower for all that snow

Keweenaw4310 said:
4 - 5 feet on the ground makes for some good snowmobiling and skiing of all types. 270 inches fallen so far for the year. No bugs, snakes or anything like that to worry about. No grass to mow and the snow has slowed down to where we can just play in it and not worry so much about moving it.

I go barefoot in the snow all the time between heat sessions when in the sauna so I guess I've been going around barefoot since last summer.

We'll get our share of warm weather too. Just not until July & August, then it's back to the cool weather

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
Woke up to a good 8-9" this morning. Winter just won't quit.

BTW, this deck was clear yesterday, and the temps were in the 50's. I overly optimistically put some lawn furniture out. What a dummy! I'm still in denial and refusing to put the blower back on, and so had to plow this morning with the FEL, much slower, but maybe the best combo, as this was the wettest and heaviest snow of the year. All my neighbor's walk-behind's were clogging up every two feet. When is this going to end? :210:

Shivers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

1 - 19 of 19 Posts