My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- I have an older model Stihl 039 magnum chain saw, that was a relatives who passed on. The saw runs good (I have the bow, and a 36" bar for it), but I need an owners manual or shop manual for it. Couldn't find anything on the stihl website-its kinda hard to navigate. Anyone out there got any souces?
Tks- :trink40:

·
Once again a Super Member
13,711 Posts
glenn27 said:
Couldn't find anything on the stihl website-its kinda hard to navigate. Tks- :trink40:

Its has if Stihl tries to keep all there technical information a secrete from the general public. Have you tried Emailing customer service?

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
I needed one and they mailed a photocopy of one to me for free!

·
Super Moderator
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tkxs. for the info-I went back looked-the tags was messed up-it is a 038 magnum, come to find out, is a discontinued model (too heavy, and didn"t meet emission's/ noise laws) The magnum series were made for "PROFESSIONAL" cutting only. As for the manual, I hooked up w/ the owner of a small engine shop, who has been a stihl dealer for years, and he don't throw nuthin' awayyyyyy! But i will keep the website on a "sticky" in the office. Luv them post-its!!
:trink40: :trink40: :trink40: (goin' be a long winter) :trink40: :trink40:

·
Super Moderator
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tkxs. for the site info-my buddy from the small engine shop came up w/2 brand new manuals-one an owners, one a service/parts breakdown-still wrapped in original plastic!!!! I reckon that'll cost me a trip to the store for him. (work off the barter system around here if I can) :trink40: X2=??

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
glenn27 said:
Tkxs. for the info-I went back looked-the tags was messed up-it is a 038 magnum
I have an 038 AV Glenn, and it is heavy and noisy... It is one heck of a saw though. I have done nothing but keep sharp chains around! I bought it used and I think I've had it for 20 years!

·
Super Moderator
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes sir- that's what this one is .038AV- I've got the 'bow' for it , too, still got original orange paint on it. I use the 32" bar on it mostly. Also have a Poulan 25-sd (older one-all metal) for lite trimming. We have a lot of ice, as much as snow, so a lot of trees down in winter-
Got the wood covered for the winter, other than some big pieces to split where I had a big tree taken out of my yard about a month ago.
:trink40:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts