My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a wife home alone while hubby is gone to Alaska (long story) and my neighbors and I are trying to figure out why this baby won't run. I have an acre yard, sigh. John Deere 112 Model T0011 early 1970s

It was running badly before he left. He gave me a quickie tutorial but neglected to give me the magic words. Since then, I ran it for a few minutes, turned it off to adjust myself and reread the (few indistinct decal) directions, and it hasn't run since.

We got a new battery. (That's a whole nutty story in itself. There are a lot of clerks out there that think that this JDeere is so precious that it should be left to our children in our will.)

The thing started but won't pay attention to a gear shift. It just sits.

One neighbor thinks it's a belt in wrong place. One thinks its a solonoid problem. Can't recall all the other theories. There may be nothing wrong except the operators, but not sure. These guys are now making plans to tow it to one of their garages and do surgery.

Depending on the kindness of strangers here, I would appreciate from a knowledgeable poster a patient, complete run-through in layman terms as to how this tractor is supposed to be started and run.

Would also appreciate corresponding with anyone who has the original owner's manual for it. -- I'll pay for copies and postage.

Meanwhile, the weather in Minnesota has caused my grass to grow insanely. I think a grazing animal may be able to do more for the lawn than this tractor.

Linda from Minnesota

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi Linda from Minnesota,
You would get more info if you posted this on the JOHN DEERE forum. Some people only look on the forum for their tractor. You could copy the above post to the JD forum. Some one their will have the info you are looking for. best of luck.
Dave

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
No worries, Linda, we'll try to merge this thread's posts back into your original in the JD forum.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I will move this one over to the JD forum now.

·
-
1,829 Posts
Hi Linda,

So the tractor will start but doesn't want to go into gear?

What happens when you try to shift into gear - i.e. grinding, etc..?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts