My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When connecting the manifold to the exaust pipe on the 2n is the clamp all that is needed? The old one was rusted so bad i can"t tell what was there before. It looks like maybe another piece to help it seal? Thanks everybody for your help!:congrats:

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,551 Posts
The clamp halves have two different sizes. Match them up when installing..I believe the smaller part goes on top.

Also have a muffler bracket holding up the muffler. Usually hanging from the deferential.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clamp halves have two different sizes. Match them up when installing..I believe the smaller part goes on top.

Also have a muffler bracket holding up the muffler. Usually hanging from the deferential.
Ok, Sounds like a plan to me.:bannana: Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
They are also known to leak since there is no gasket or seal used, some have taken soft drink cans and cut out some "gaskets" to help seal the pipe to tne manifold. This is what I did to finally seal to seal mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good idea! I have already put it together, but I have to finish rebuilding the carb before I give it a test run. If it leaks I will try that. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts