My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GT 18 917.255913

Here is a picture of the primary mandrel of the mowing deck which pulley ripped in half, this was replace a few years ago (very poor quality).
The original assembly was pressed or welded together and could not be seperated. As you can see this unit is held together with a nut on top which would make it possible to replace the pulley. Problem is the part number
(106038X) is for the whole unit. Any one know if it is possible to get a breakdown parts list on the mandrel so I only have to replace the pulley?

Thanks
Not sure how the attacment works so I inserted the link:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=116886&stc=1&d=1281884852

Attachments

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
If you can get the model number off of the tractor itself, the parts diagrams are available at the Sears Parts Direct website. All of the ones that I have dealt with have just the pulleys available by themselves.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply
MODEL NO. 917.255913 0227S06194
This is what I have - the owner's manual only show the complete mandrel number,
I'll check Sears Direct.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately the diagram on the Sears Direct is the same as the owner's manual.
Part # 13 of the mower. maybe I'll try some after market sites.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can get the model number off of the tractor itself, the parts diagrams are available at the Sears Parts Direct website. All of the ones that I have dealt with have just the pulleys available by themselves.
Is it possible for you to post the part/model # that you used fo find the breakdown of the mandrel?

Thanks

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
After looking at the parts diagrams and looking at the individual mandrels, those pulleys are not available separately. The pulleys are welded onto the shafts of the mandrel. Looks like you will have to bite the bullet and order the entire assembly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After looking at the parts diagrams and looking at the individual mandrels, those pulleys are not available separately. The pulleys are welded onto the shafts of the mandrel. Looks like you will have to bite the bullet and order the entire assembly.
Thanks for the reply

The original was welded but it was replaced with one that is held together with a nut (see my photo above) and the whole thing comes apart.
I was hoping to find a number for this replacement and maybe it would have individual part numbers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that is strange how it cracked like that
I was mowing and the belt came off - I could not believe it, the original was so much heavier and lasted for close to 20 years, and was replaced because of bearing failure. I'm trying to avoid buying the whole mandrel because it will probably fail quickly again, but having a hard time finding just the pulley.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts