My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snagged a commercial gas tank on eBay the other day. I went straight to PayPal and paid the price plus shipping. I just got an email saying I got a refund from PayPal. I figured, oh crap. He sold it to someone else or something. I read the message, which said he was sorry, the UPS calculator was wrong. it cost 6 bucks less than the calculator said it would to ship the tank, so he was giving me 6 bucks back. I've never seen that before.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I snagged a commercial gas tank on eBay the other day. I went straight to PayPal and paid the price plus shipping. I just got an email saying I got a refund from PayPal. I figured, oh crap. He sold it to someone else or something. I read the message, which said he was sorry, the UPS calculator was wrong. it cost 6 bucks less than the calculator said it would to ship the tank, so he was giving me 6 bucks back. I've never seen that before.
Good for you! Anyways- do you have a picture of your 6430?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice! I thought shipping on that item was a bit high... I just figured he was making sure that he didn't loose money on the box and packing material. Always good to find a great seller like that!

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
I've dealt with a Lawn Boy N.O.S. seller over the last several weeks a few times, of which they returned .43 for overshipping charges through PayPal. Now that's an HONEST seller of which I thanked and commended her for!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a package today from Partstree. It had 2 gas caps, one of which was white. Something tells me I wanted both to be white, since the only mower I have with a black cap is the 10247. It doesn't need a cap. I believe I wanted it for the bricktop. The one for the helmet shroud was the one that was white. I also got a new on-off switch knob for the helmet shroud. I got the right side decal that says 19 Solid State. I figured they showed it available, I needed both sides, so I ordered it. It came! I'm going to take the shroud off, I think, and send it to a decal maker so they can take the new right decal and make an opposite-hand decal for the left. And ask them to see what they can do about the LAWN-BOY decal on the front. It's beat. I took it out today and cut the front weeds with it. I had the new steel wheels on it. It did a fine job. Thanks to Walt Conner for hooking me up with that one. It'll be a nice looking machine when it's done. :trink39:

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Good to see people doing that. I've over-estimated shipping costs a few times and refunded the difference. One time it was $18 when shipping a full mower.

My mindset is: what goes around comes around. Do as you'd like to be done to.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I got the right side decal that says 19 Solid State. I figured they showed it available, I needed both sides, so I ordered it. It came! I'm going to take the shroud off, I think, and send it to a decal maker so they can take the new right decal and make an opposite-hand decal for the left. And ask them to see what they can do about the LAWN-BOY decal on the front.
If you send the decals to Echoman's decal place, let me know. I'd like to order a set once they have them in their system. TIA.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does Echoman's decal place already have many decals in their database? Sounds like a good idea to use the same place to keep all the decals available.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Does Echoman's decal place already have many decals in their database? Sounds like a good idea to use the same place to keep all the decals available.
Only 2 that I know of to date. The ones I had made for the 7070 and 8430. They can make/reproduce just about anything you need. Call them and ask about making new ones guys. I was very happy with what they did for me and the ease of installation. I also though $5 a piece was a very fair price considering what they can cost if you find them, and that they had time in creating a new custom application through lettering and color specs.

http://crismargraphics.com/

·
Junk Whisperer
287 Posts
Now that a seller is subject to the '4 star' rating, my wife and I are seeing a lot more of that. Keeping that star rating high will lower a sellers listing fees by as much as 15%. The shipping cost, which generally the seller has very little control over, is usually where you'll see the lowest rating should you investigate a sellers feedback. About the only remedy (to get that higher shipping rating) is to refund any difference, or even lose a buck or two. It's always a pleasant surprise to save a little.:fing32:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only 2 that I know of to date. The ones I had made for the 7070 and 8430. They can make/reproduce just about anything you need. Call them and ask about making new ones guys. I was very happy with what they did for me and the ease of installation. I also though $5 a piece was a very fair price considering what they can cost if you find them, and that they had time in creating a new custom application through lettering and color specs.

http://crismargraphics.com/
Yeah, I was lucky to get that one new one for the right side. Now they have the perfect source of color, shape, size and so forth to make the copies from.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts