My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I called TT and asked them if a bottom plate of the x360 K58 transaxle can be switched with the x320s K58 to make it more serviceable. My thought was once I pull it to change the fluid, I could order just the plate with the drain plugs from them and install it on my transaxle. They said no BUT provided me with a photograph of where the drain plugs should go should I decide to intall them. There are TWO of them first of all. One for the pump and the other for the gears. So I guess it does have two "chambers" as others have mentioned. Once I pull mine, I will be taking it to a machine shop to have the plugs intalled. I will try to attach the photo they sent.

The other thing. She said the K58H requires synthetic where the K58 uses regular 10w30 (or whatever JD puts in them). If you want to switch to synthetic then it will not hurt it if oils are mixed because we all know that not all the old oil comes out.

Anyways, sounds like a little bit of work initially but then subsequent fluid changes will be relatively easy. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do however, it isn't letting me copy and paste. When my wife gets home she will see what I am doing wrong. One kinda big issue though. I thought the fill hole was on the back side of the trans however it appears as if it is on the front side under the fan. If that is the case, then even with drain plugs, how would I get the fluid into it without removing trans? What the heck is that little rubber lid to on the back then?

·
Registered
86 Posts
When you have it out to have the drain plugs installed would it be possible to add a fill hole as well? I just bought an x320 so this is very interesting to me.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you have it out to have the drain plugs installed would it be possible to add a fill hole as well? I just bought an x320 so this is very interesting to me.
I didn't ask them that but he did say you can add through the breather cap. It will fill one chamber to the top then slowly overflow into the other chamber. It will take a while since it seeps over the top of one chamber "wall" to start filling the other one. He did recommend getting a new breather cap since you most likely will tear it taking it off. I think I can afford a new cap once every two to three years. I really don't know how big of a job removing the trans will be but if it seems relatively easy, I may just drain and fill. This would probably only be a every three year ordeal. The only thing I don't like about the hole drilling is replacing the silicone gasket between the upper an lower housing once off. Could be a mess if I don't get it right or if residue from old gasket falls inside.

If you like and I can still find it, I can forward you the email with the attached photo. Just PM me with your email address.

·
Guru on the Mountain
2,072 Posts
Sure would be easier if the manufacturers would spend another couple bucks and make them all serviceable. that way most consumers would spend 6$ more and never service. But us having to pay another 2-3K to get serviceable models would benefit......

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just serviced my transaxle a couple weeks ago it wasnt that hard to do there are step by step instructions in the L-130 dying hydrostat sticky at the top.

·
Registered
350 Posts
So can you feel your transaxle with fluid through your breather? If not, no use adding the drain plugs cause it's gotta come out anyways.:banghead3
:ditto:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts