My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used Audacity free software to record on their pc? I installed it on mine but don't have a cable yet to connect cassette player to the pc.I looked at some demonstration tutorials on Youtube, I think you can record guitar with it too.

·
Super Moderator
29,533 Posts
i have not used it, but you can do it with any number of programs including media center. i converted some cassette tapes over to CD for my daughters school last year, all thier plays are on tape and no one has a player at home anymore so kids were not learning the songs. but for that i cheated and used my stepdad's recording studio! shhh! don't tell him!

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,933 Posts
Audacity is a nice open-source package, I've used it fairly extensively doing training sessions at work... It doesn't do some of the nice things that the paid packages like Amadeus do, like allowing you to quickly break one long track (a whole tape or LP) down into individual tracks based on silence detection, and its editing tools are a bit primitive, BUT its free... Its one big gotcha, tho, is that it does NOT come with the software to save as MP3 included. Due to licensing restrictions, YOU have to download and install that plugin... They have info on their site for what you need to do, but its sometimes a bit of a PITA to make it happen. So, watch out for that if you decide to convert to MP3 instead of CD...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts