My Tractor Forum banner

Major work on the homestead.

26K views 490 replies 22 participants last post by  PA318Guy 
#1 ·
Well, called a couple of contractors to come get me some estimates on repairing my chimney, it leaks into master bedroom during hard rains. Then new metal roof, new gutters, and new windows. Gonna really hurt the back pocket!

#461 ·
That went up quickly, Tim. They must build lots of them. Looking good. (y)

#464 ·
Thanks Randy! Going to be a lot of color in it. I just ordered the new shelving for in it. Some good husky shelving that will hold 2,000 lbs per shelf! I'm going to attach them to the posts as well so that they won't have a chance on tipping.

#469 ·
I parked Tville322 and my cart in there last night to make some more room in the other shed. But mostly leaving it as I want to give the electrician (going to go tomorrow to see when they can begin) as much room to work as possible. I did drop the new shelves on the floor in there though. Planning on maybe starting to build them tomorrow after I talk to the electrician.

#477 ·
2,500 lbs per shelf. I have a 318 transmission the 49 snowblower, the MacKissic shredder, and some light stuff for up on top too. Probably won't really load them up but will anchor them this week, I have some work to do before I anchor them though.

#478 ·
Does it only have 3 crossmembers per shelf? I have 3 similar units bought from Costco, and they had 4 crossmembers per shelf. It sounds like you are going to load them up, so you might double-check to make sure.

Edit: And from looking at the instructions for what is likely that shelving unit, it does only have 3 crossmembers/shelf. I wonder if my shelves have a higher weight rating or just have a higher safety margin...

#486 ·
They're 8 or 9' long between uprights, 4' deep and can have 3 shelves high with about 4' in between shelves. Basically, for storing pallets. They could be cut down if needed.

I'm probably gonna take one section for storing mower decks, blowers and other large items so they aren't sitting on ground or in barn and taking space there.
Here's picture before they were taken down.

Attachments

#488 ·
Just measured them again. 16' high x 42" deep x 9' horizontal supports. Enough to fit 2 pallets on each section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.