My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
They are on-site! Had to put one of my vehicles at the end of the drive so my son could go to work later.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,293 Posts
Too bad they don't have a bucket truck. Perfect location for one.

·
Super Moderator
34,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Too bad they don't have a bucket truck. Perfect location for one.
They went to dump the trailer and when they get back after lunch they are just going to drop the main section all at once, nothing to damage in the process.

·
Super Moderator
8,709 Posts
These guys look like skilled climbers ..and you know what they say..."we don't need no stinkin' bucket trucks" :)
Will you get a video of the actual felling of the main part?

·
Super Moderator
34,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Wasn't really planning on doing a video of them dropping the main part but I certainly can. They are going to bring in the stump grinder this afternoon or tomorrow to finish the work. Might get some of that as well. I did get the NY322 with the loader out and helped push the small stuff in a pile. They liked it had a tooth bar and could pull limbs around with no effort.

4,301 Posts
You ever thought of converting the garage to more living space? People do it and place a garage behind it or in front of the existing garage. Increasing square footage increases property value.

·
Super Moderator
34,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Don, the house is 2980 sq. ft. no need to increase the living space in the house.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
That was more of a thud than a bang hitting the ground.
Quite the busy road, I had assumed you lived on a quieter street.

4,301 Posts
There's advantages of living on a main drag or an arterial road. The road gets plowed first in a snow emergency so its easy to get out of your neighborhood. There's public transportation like local buses with stops near your home which is nice. Police, Fire, and Rescue get to you faster than been buried back in a neighborhood especially if there's two feet of snow on the ground and you have medical emergency. Every minute helps save a life.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Oh, I'm not saying that! The road in front of my house is a county highway that mainly feeds the sawmill in town and the peanut/cotton harvest. During the daylight hours, there's maybe one vehicle every couple of minutes but at night that drops to maybe one or two per hour.

There are no buses or any type of public transportation here. Other than the county highways, vast majority of roads here are dirt that have a road grader smooth out a couple of times a year.

I was just saying that PA318Guy other pics of his homestead appeared to be rather quiet, like his ditch ones.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,293 Posts
Good video, Tim. I guess they bucked it up and it probably took awhile. I don't see one of those really strong grapple machines there nor a logging trailer.

·
Super Moderator
34,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
They cut it into sections to sell and used that Cat loader with the grapple to put on the dump trailer, they got 3 nice sections out of the main trunk that were useable.

·
Super Moderator
34,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Yes, there are a couple in Titusville, not sure whether they'll take it to Baille or Weyerhauser. We have a lot of wood companies in the area to choose from.

4,301 Posts
I think the trees they took down in my front yard they dump them or made firewood. I'm glad they took them down. Every time I was to cut the grass I would have to rake up the twigs. The beautiful yellow leaves I didn't mind, its the branches and twigs constantly falling down and picking them up.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts