·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,313 Posts
We want pictures!!!!

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Not sure my stereo cabinet will go out the window in good shape!

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well windows are in, not fully finished as the snow on the front and rear porch roof made work dangerous to finish the aluminum clad work, they will be back once the snow melts off the roof to do that work. So not complete yet! I haven't paid them the full amount yet so I still have their attention.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,856 Posts
Always good to have the windows in..............gets drafty without them, Tim.

Of course without pics............

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well here are some pics, most already covered with curtains (except where the washing machine ate a few!) the large ones used to leak so bad that when I put plastic on them for the winter it would "pop" when the wind hit the end of the house. Got some work to repaint the sills and frames next year so that the inside and outside match. The tall ones at the end of the house and the picture window are all "tempered" glass since they aren't 18" from the floor. All the bathrooms are frosted so that no blinds are needed (they just get moldy)

Here you can see some that are unfinished on the outside:

Either new siding or professional painting/cleaning and sealing next year. And new plants for around the picture window too!

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,042 Posts
The new windows should keep the place nice and warm, but most importantly, draft free. Is that aluminum siding? The prior owner of my daughter's house had the aluminum siding painted several years ago. It looked good when they bought it but now the paint is beginning to peel in places. I don't think much can be done about it.

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The new windows should keep the place nice and warm, but most importantly, draft free. Is that aluminum siding? The prior owner of my daughter's house had the aluminum siding painted several years ago. It looked good when they bought it but now the paint is beginning to peel in places. I don't think much can be done about it.
Al, it's vinyl siding, and I've cleaned it a few times and each time I do it seems to get mold/mildew on it quicker. So I'm going to start investigating if they have any type of sealer I could apply after cleaning to prevent it.

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Saw this as I was researching the sealer for the vinyl, got a chuckle from it:

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So window guys showed up today to finish the rest of the outside work, so by today the 1st major home project should be complete. Also received the new home assessment in the mail the other day and I guess with folks buying up all the properties home values have gone up considerably. The work I'm doing should push value of the property to over $200K if I decide to sell!

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,856 Posts
Nice, new windows is a biggie(we want pics).

·
15,042 Posts
Tim, I'm sure you were looking forward to the completion of this project so you can restore order to the rooms that were waiting for windows. Now you can.

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Al, things are pretty much back to order since the inside work was completed before they stopped the first time. I just got some new shears in to replace the ones the washing machine ate so those rooms will get done this week and order should be restored.

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well windows are complete except for a replacement sash for one that had a ding in it, but they said it could be 4 weeks before it comes in so probably early next year! A few more pics:

Last window on the right is a bathroom and I had all bathroom windows frosted so no blinds or curtains have to be hung since they build mold and mildew.

This set had an awning over it that I had them remove, now we can see out of the dining room!

·
15,042 Posts
(y) They look good, Tim. The crew did nice work on the trim.

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Next project kicks off tomorrow, they are coming to take the big pine tree down in front of the house, when the tree is done I have a stump removal guy coming to take the stump down below grade so I can expand my driveway a bit. Probably a 3ft diameter trunk on this one, they are also removing all the wood since I don't use pine anywhere.

Here is the pine being removed:

·
15,042 Posts
Removing that pine will give you a lot less work to do, Tim. I had one removed last year that was even taller. Stump is about the same size and is still there, behind the garage and out of the way.

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Al, yes I get a lot of needles and pinecones from it, also it drops occasional small branches too. I may do a clean sweep and take out the dogwood and the apple tree there too. I've been considering putting a loop or an expanded turning area around that area to make maneuvering the trailer easier.

·
15,042 Posts
As long as you have the room, the turnaround would be a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
As long as you have the room, the turnaround would be a good idea.
I have almost 160 ft from the garage to the road so once the trees are out of the way I can put a permanent turn around in. Most of the time I just drive in the yard but it's starting to get ruts now so time to fix that so it doesn't happen.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts