My Tractor Forum banner

241 - 260 of 321 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Yes, they did the same thing right after he was finished with the "reverse helicopter" on the surface. Could probably walk on it already but going to give it till tomorrow. Then I can start hanging the hand tools back in the shed to get them out of the garage. Got to get that ready for the new apron work starting next week, however the big attachments and 322's will wait till Monday though, don't want to be driving on the new concrete and cause any issues.

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
I would wait the longest period of time before moving into the shed. I've heard it takes as much as 20 days for concrete to fully cure and not break off.
Everything I've read, and both the contractor and the cement truck operator said 7 days before using it with vehicles.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,743 Posts
Reactions: PA318Guy and CCMoe

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Tim, you may have enough room for a circular driveway with a water fountain in the middle.

View attachment 2501241
Don, think gravel and some less expensive landscaping and that is more along the line what I may do! The goal is to have a spot to be able to bring in the trailer and just go around a circle so I can back it to the garage.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,595 Posts
Good thinking there, Tim.

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
It does save a lot of work Al! He was here yesterday and they couldn't get most of them, they're all out now! Just try to help save time on this and hope it turns into reduced cost.

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Tim, one of the other things I kick myself for not having done on my reno is to have awnings put over my doors. Rain splash hits the walk door frames at the bottom and rots them. I need to do awnings on both of my new doors before the frames rot. They are guttered but it's not enough.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
Tim, one of the other things I kick myself for not having done on my reno is to have awnings put over my doors. Rain splash hits the walk door frames at the bottom and rots them. I need to do awnings on both of my new doors before the frames rot. They are guttered but it's not enough.
Randy, thanks I hadn't thought of that, I may be putting off the workshop build for a bit due to the increase in material costs. I'm going to go ahead and get the actual quote though just to see if it is close to the amount I'd planned for last year.

Edit: I did however give the go ahead for the new siding and it should start this week! But supposed to be a rainy week so we'll see what all gets done.

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Well tomorrow is the day that I can start moving things back into the shed on the new concrete floor!, I'm looking forward to it just a little bit.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,595 Posts
Tim, just think of how organized it is going to be...for awhile. 😉

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Registered
309 Posts
Make sure you get some 4 foot led lights in there .... There cheap at Ocean State Job Lot, or other places.......

Never have enough outlets ... White peg board is a necessity .... Some type of work bench ... Etc.,etc...

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
Just moving back into the shed, it is the "storage" location. It does have three 4 foot LED's and a few other lights in it though. When the workshop is done then the "man cave" will begin to be put together. Just will be nice to have everything on dollies so they can be moved around easily.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,213 Posts
If I put that in my front yard, I'd have my neighbors fishing out of it.and empty beer cans floating on top.
Talk about rude and classless, Joe...........I always try to pick up my beer cans.

Very happy for you Tim, enjoy the "new" space (y)

241 - 260 of 321 Posts