My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, called a couple of contractors to come get me some estimates on repairing my chimney, it leaks into master bedroom during hard rains. Then new metal roof, new gutters, and new windows. Gonna really hurt the back pocket!

·
Super Moderator
8,065 Posts
How are you making out with responses?...Everything I hear is that it is tough to get a call back or actual site visit

·
Super Moderator
33,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just called yesterday so probably have to give it some time. Depending on estimates I may also have a 24 x 20 pad poured for a new tractor shed.

·
Super Moderator
8,065 Posts
Oooooh Boy now you are talking.....what kind of amenities are you thinking about?...Super lighting....AC and heat, internet service...may as well have a 70" TV ( they came way down in price) and cable .... 220 electrical service, 1/2 bath with stand up shower and a slop sink for cleaning parts.....3 phase compressor, spray booth...maybe make it 25 X 30 ...man this is going to be great ... 😁

·
Super Moderator
16,679 Posts
Well I just called yesterday so probably have to give it some time. Depending on estimates I may also have a 24 x 20 pad poured for a new tractor shed.
Hey thought You were going to Move south closer to the rest of the Family. What that thought scare the heck out of you two ;)

·
Super Moderator
33,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thought You were going to Move south closer to the rest of the Family. What that thought scare the heck out of you two ;)
Probably will, but couldn't sell the house with these issues. Here having a large shed is a big resale item too!

I forgot small refrigerator and a coffee maker
Hmmm....sounds like your trying to have the shed of your dreams here! :)

·
Super Moderator
16,679 Posts
Probably will, but couldn't sell the house with these issues. Here having a large shed is a big resale item too!

Hmmm....sounds like your trying to have the shed of your dreams here! :)
Yeah But that going to be a big Move then once you fill that shed up :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
33,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The advantage is that I'm in no hurry!!

·
Super Moderator
33,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was messing with the guys at the JD dealer the other day, asked them when they were going to discount a 1026 for me to buy, he said he couldn't hardly get any in. I told him that was no reason to keep the price high, he said we haven't raised prices any....but we haven't lowered them either! :)

·
Professional Homeowner
7,808 Posts
Oooooh Boy now you are talking.....what kind of amenities are you thinking about?...Super lighting....AC and heat, internet service...may as well have a 70" TV ( they came way down in price) and cable .... 220 electrical service, 1/2 bath with stand up shower and a slop sink for cleaning parts.....3 phase compressor, spray booth...maybe make it 25 X 30 ...man this is going to be great ... 😁
A/C and heat, slip sink, super lighting, big compressor, 1/2 bath w/shower... I second ALL these things. But let’s be real - 30x80 at least with 16’ sides so it’ll hold a 40’ toyhauler 5th wheel still attached to the truck, with room left over to lower the ramp gate to load stuff.

But 24x20 is actually a pretty decent size for tractor shed. I do agree- run 220v out there, at least 50 amps for large compressor and decent welder.

Super lighting is actually feasible pretty reasonable, too. With all the the new LED stuff out there, $250 will buy you every bit of light you’ll ever need and then some (I know this!)

·
Super Moderator
33,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A/C and heat, slip sink, super lighting, big compressor, 1/2 bath w/shower... I second ALL these things. But let’s be real - 30x80 at least with 16’ sides so it’ll hold a 40’ toyhauler 5th wheel still attached to the truck, with room left over to lower the ramp gate to load stuff.

But 24x20 is actually a pretty decent size for tractor shed. I do agree- run 220v out there, at least 50 amps for large compressor and decent welder.

Super lighting is actually feasible pretty reasonable, too. With all the the new LED stuff out there, $250 will buy you every bit of light you’ll ever need and then some (I know this!)
If it happens it will get 220V service, I do have 220V 30 amp in the garage, but that was put in for my FIL's RV when they came, I've never used it. He no longer has one so it's just waiting for me to try it out!!

·
Professional Homeowner
7,808 Posts
If it happens it will get 220V service, I do have 220V 30 amp in the garage, but that was put in for my FIL's RV when they came, I've never used it. He no longer has one so it's just waiting for me to try it out!!
About 95% of campers on the market will fry if they get plugged into 220v. Vast majority run on 110 (with exception of many of the aforementioned toyhaulers and anything else with 50a 110/220 systems) :)

Source: 15 years in camper industry. We got about 2 people/year that did this.

·
Super Moderator
33,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
About 95% of campers on the market will fry if they get plugged into 220v. Vast majority run on 110 (with exception of many of the aforementioned toyhaulers and anything else with 50a 110/220 systems) :)

Source: 15 years in camper industry. We got about 2 people/year that did this.
It was a diesel pusher RV and called for 220V outlet, mine was not phased correctly but he could run his lights and all electrical appliances on it.

·
Super Moderator
33,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spent some time today taking pictures and measurements of the house. Planning on doing some preliminary estimates of the upgrades/repais needed to get an idea of how much to refinance the house for. Didn't realize I had 25 windows to replace. That's going to eat up some more budget than I originally expected.

·
Administrator
17,398 Posts
Didn't realize I had 25 windows to replace. That's going to eat up some more budget than I originally expected.
We "were" looking into replacing our 38 yr old Andersen windows (21) and after a LOT of research that found a lot of reasons not to have the company that has the same name and in is the replacement window business do it. A LOT of info out there to sift through so make sure you take your time to select what you are looking for. The good the bad and the ugly are all out there in various reviews. You will have to decide but if you are thinking of using the above mention company be aware that they are probably the highest priced out there. Their product is good and their prices reflect that. We still haven't decided what we will go with. Just my 02¢.
MikeC

·
Super Moderator
33,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My nephew is in the business, he gave me the company in the area that he's said does a good job and are reasonably priced.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,065 Posts
I am currently under contract with them to replace five windows here at the camp. Their prices are very high :eek: , but our other windows are Andersens and have been working well for 32 years. They recently replaced eight of my neighbor's windows and did a beautiful job. I requested the same installers.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts