My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post this in case anyone else has tried to find a replacement filter other than Mahindra brand. I just did a complete fluid change on my 5500 4wd. It is a holiday weekend so the distant mahindra dealer was closed. I took my old oil filter to the local Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts store and they fixed me up with a Wix brand filter. the number is Wix 57731. I am sure they can do the same for any tractor if you take them the old filter and let them get the number from it....Poindexter:fing20:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just thought I would post this in case anyone else has tried to find a replacement filter other than Mahindra brand. I just did a complete fluid change on my 5500 4wd. It is a holiday weekend so the distant mahindra dealer was closed. I took my old oil filter to the local Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts store and they fixed me up with a Wix brand filter. the number is Wix 57731. I am sure they can do the same for any tractor if you take them the old filter and let them get the number from it....Poindexter:fing20:
That's a good idea. Thanks for the tip. My NAPA store is a lot closer than the dealer. Wonder if they can do that with the fuel and hydraulic filters as well....

Only problem I can see initially is that the filters are all painted black (or whatever the engine color is) on a new machine.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Hydraulic filters are more likely to able to be crossed than fuel filters. If you have a Mitsubishi tractor (Max, 16 series, etc) you can use a Mitsubishi filter from a Mitsubishi dealer. The Mahindra filters for the Mitsu tractors are Mitsu parts with Mahindra's number on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts