My Tractor Forum banner

Mahindra Max 28

18K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  chemteck29 
#1 ·
Went and looked at one today. Anybody got one? Thoughts? He said it would pull a 5 foot bush hog. True?

#2 ·
With 22 PTO hp it probably could, though I would wonder if it wasn't a bit underpowered if you got into some heavy stuff. Nice tractors though. :)

#3 ·
I've not looked at them but, Mahindra compares it to the JD 3032e, so assuming it's about the same size it should handle the 5 ft. implements ok. It'd be interesting to know the price difference between those two. I've seen some Mahindra's and really liked them but I don't know where there's a dealer anywhere around here anymore. Used to be one fairly close but they're gone.

#5 ·
Phone price today on a Max 22 with deck and snowblower was $13.5K
Will visit dealer on Sat to assess perceived Q.C.
Two questions:
The snowblower is 66" wide and weighs 470lbs !
Can 22hp spin a 66" auger in anything approaching deep snow?
With 470lbs cantilevered out front, I assume you`d need to fill the tires and/ or add weight out back to minimize traction issues.
Any thoughts?
Thank you

#7 · (Edited)
Test drove a 25 last PM, was surprised that in high range if you stopped on a grade the machine would not move. Evidently the hydrastat just won`t generate the necessary pressure. Works fine in Low. Probably true of other machines in this class but I haven`t driven the competition.

Did not like that the 3pt arms are close to the ground when mower deck is lowered, figure they`ll drag when you start up a hill.

Was impressed by the lack of steering bind when operating in FWD. Test unit had a loader & industrial tires fitted.

Turns out dealer was wrong, proper snowblower for the Max is 54" , still waiting to hear what it weighs

#8 ·
My son bought one last month with fel an belly mower its a impressive machine in lots of ways. But if you are looking at the gear drive modle beware it does not have live power when you push the clutch in the pto stops the HST runs continuious. We did not realize that until we got it home. Power is great hydralics strong even at low rpm handles an rides good an is balanced well . One other issue we've had if you get a belly mower an front end loader is the front pulley hits the cross member for the FEL if you roll over uneven ground that causes the deck too rise enough too get close to a high center condition . These things will climb like a billy goat but don't crest any banks you'll wipe out a pulley with a belly mower. We hope too work out these issues through our dealer an mahindra. The clutch has too take alot of abuse when your mowing if you have many reasons stop pause or slow yourself to adjust speed by useing the clutch kinda like the ole 8N fords . Consider the HST if those things will effect the way you intend too use it.

#9 ·
Hey there Travelingman,

I've just begun my search for a SCUT or maybe a small CUT and the Max series along with MF GC series, JD and Kubota are all in the running. I was wondering since you guys have had one awhile what do you think of the performance? Would you change your mind between getting the Shuttle vs the Hydro? How does the mowing deck perform? Me personally, I would probably remove the loader for mowing anyway, but given the issue you stated, I would be much more likely to do so because my property is still rough. I just had a house built 2 years ago (which did not include finish grading :banghead3:banghead3:banghead3 ) so needless to say it's a bit rough, not awful, but I certainly have to slow down in order to avoid dental work! That part of the reason for the upgrade in order to straighten out the lawn and do further clearing of my property. So what do you guys like about the Max28 and equally important, what don't you like? And if you don't mind me asking how much did you guys give for the Max 28 with Shuttle Shift, FEL and MMM?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.