My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mahindra 3510 owner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mahindra 3510 4x4 is leaking oil out of the bottom of the right knuckle( hub assembly) where it rotates. Has anyone fixed one of these, how hard is it to fix?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Mahindra 3510 4x4 is leaking oil out of the bottom of the right knuckle( hub assembly) where it rotates. Has anyone fixed one of these, how hard is it to fix?
I've got a 2004 3510 doing the same thing. It's a cap p/n# 16704330180. I was wondering if anyone had experience in changing them out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Mahindra 3510 and I've got the same leak on both sides. Let me know if you figure out what it takes to fix it. I'm afraid it's gonna take a lot of work to fix. I don't have a service manual, so if someone else does, please let me know what to look for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a Mahindra 3510 and I've got the same leak on both sides. Let me know if you figure out what it takes to fix it. I'm afraid it's gonna take a lot of work to fix. I don't have a service manual, so if someone else does, please let me know what to look for.
I've got the caps on order. When I see them I'll have a better idea of how to get the old ones out. I'm just hoping I don't have to split the drive cases. I'll keep you posted.

·
Professional Homeowner
7,474 Posts
I’v Had 3 different machines leak like that (2 Kubotas and 1 Massey Ferguson), but in all 3 cases it was the main seal leaking where that knuckle assembly joins with the main axle housing higher up. Must be the Mahindra is built differently.
It would be good if anyone with this issue would report back with a solution for future reference. I have a buddy with one of these, so it would be nice to know if replacing the cap works, just in case I ever need to help him with his.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This tractor is crazy. The I.D. tag on the left front frame rail has a serial number on it but the dealer says it isn't right. It also states 4 cylinder on that tag and it's a 3 cylinder diesel.?? I see a 4 piece seal assy in the vertical shaft assy. p/n 16704340040 that's probably the culprit and not the cap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As you can see in the picture there can't be any seals above that gear number 18 on the schematic. That gear at the bottom needs oil. So it's a cap, I just hope I don't have to pull that whole thing apart to punch out the cat from the inside. Hope this helps somebody.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I drilled the 1/8 inch hole and screwed a screw into that hole in the cap used the claw hammer and pried the seal out of the bottom of the drive case. Be careful not to drill too deep, the last thing you want to do is hit that bearing. Gave it a light sanding with Emery cloth, but not where the seal actually seats. Knocked in the new one with a 2 x 4 until it was flush. Then I took the old seal and put it up against the new seal and hit it with a dead blow hammer until it's seated up inside about a quarter of an inch. Easy Peezy 20200318_174356.jpg 20200318_174350.jpg 20200319_095122.jpg

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Hey Jerry, here's hoping that fixed the problem. Since you were able to "countersink" the new seal, seems like that was the problem.
MikeC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts